Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Poll] Revert Kepler and reactivate gates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(02-22-2021, 11:07 AM)darkwind Wrote: [ -> ]If we want to continue with bottleneck sharade
I think we just should move valuable stuff from kepler (like stations) to galileo
And keeping kepler closed

Or well better move galileo stuff to kepler, and closing galileo.

That's a big no from me. I've put years of work into Freeport 12. Just leave as is thanks
(02-22-2021, 12:33 PM)LORD CHRIS Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-22-2021, 11:07 AM)darkwind Wrote: [ -> ]If we want to continue with bottleneck sharade
I think we just should move valuable stuff from kepler (like stations) to galileo

That's a big no from me. I've put years of work into Freeport 12. Just leave as is thanks

Ah yes, one players pixel base vs multiple players who no longer enjoy system. Many things in disco get changed and while people dislike it when they "lose" something, it's inevitable.
(02-22-2021, 08:15 AM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]We could line the two systems up?

Could be an interesting change. Gives room for liberty and Kusari to probe but not dominate, and for unlawfuls to grow and sneak into the borders. Could be an interesting change, if more content is considered to fill the surrounding space.
(02-22-2021, 02:03 PM)WesternPeregrine Wrote: [ -> ]

Could be an interesting change. Gives room for liberty and Kusari to probe but not dominate, and for unlawfuls to grow and sneak into the borders. Could be an interesting change, if more content is considered to fill the surrounding space.

I think the connections should either mirror the Omega border worlds, like what Skorak suggests, or be merged (same for Cortez/Magellan, and Hudson/Bering). Liberty's weird double border systems side by side is kinda whack. I think it would just be more beneficial if traffic went in a straight line.
(02-22-2021, 02:42 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-22-2021, 02:03 PM)WesternPeregrine Wrote: [ -> ]

I think the connections should either mirror the Omega border worlds, like what Skorak suggests, or be merged (same for Cortez/Magellan, and Hudson/Bering). Liberty's weird double border systems side by side is kinda whack. I think it would just be more beneficial if traffic went in a straight line.

If you have to do anything then line them up, but do not merge them. You'd make a mess of their respective histories in lore by trying to mash everything together. I don't consider the double border systems to themselves be a huge issue, because all it means is that people will pick the next hotspot over. So for instance: California, Texas and Colorado in respect to each of Liberty's borders with the other Houses. There's some leeway for traders to not get artificially funneled into pirates, and some incentive for pirates to be creative in where and how they blockade things.

Not to mention the fact that the systems being the way they are in terms of arrangement, and also being separate from one another has a lot to do with the history of turf wars in and around them. Breaking that would be significantly tedious to work around, because it would invalidate a lot of faction rumors and lore from the base game. I don't believe I need to explain why that's not exactly wise, let alone feasible.

Username removed

Instead of making systems redundant in order to bring more activity to other systems, why not make systems worth spending time there in the first place? I made such a suggestion before.

Make an ore field, throw two bases of competing mining factions in it and let them fight over it. Add a nebula hiding a pirate base and add at the system entrance a BHG base, add a base that sells cheap stuff to sell to nearby systems, and a base that buys stuff from places, make it worth going there to mine, trade, pirate, hunt, etc...

If you want to boost activity in a system, there must be something tangible to do in that system. Cutting off other systems brings nothing tangible with it and is a fake motivator. People don't spend more time in a certain system now because they suddenly want to, they do it because they lost whatever alternative activity they preferred doing instead.

Make a base that buys Azurite gas in Galileo for ridiculous prices so it's worth the time investment and risk to smuggle it all the way from the reactor in Omicron Delta.

We have all these wrecks floating around Toledo after the destruction of the planet. We're talking about Order here, give these wrecks codenames so people have a reason to spend time there looting them and entice factions and individual pilots to fight over the wrecks.

You want more activity in Kusari? Add a commodity on Newport Station in Sigma 13, a contraband one that sells somewhere in the Tau's, maybe on Freeport 6 to make ships pass through Kusari and give both Kusarian lawfuls and unlawfuls something to log for.

These are just a bunch of ideas for actual, tangible motivators to increase activity in a region by adding a net positive to the mod, not by removing stuff.
Synthetic Weed already exists on akta and Lagos depot, as well as the presence of sorted artifacts from Hawaii.
Counterfeit software exists on Ames, and you probably still have cardamine on Cali in Tau 23.
A variety of smuggling stuff exists around and pass by Kusari. And yet..
I agree with Ivan that with all dead end systems there are still little ways to make them practical in some way so there is a unique thing about each one. Cutting and merging systems is a ridiculous solution. Doing things to attract players should always be preferred to major alterations to the environment. We should be trying to keep things consistent here as much as possible from here on. What we need are more things to do with our stuff, and freedom to do stuff without pier pressure preventing it.

If we need to shrink or drastically edit the game to accomodate for the frozenness of the mod world its telling us something. This place is dominated by short term logging, no one logs to set out on adventures anymore. After you have built and consumed there is nothing to keep you going anymore. Everyone hits a ceiling to what they can achieve because of the permanent lockdown. It can all change with changing the basic functioning of the mod with regards to player RP development. If there is no entertainment of that kind of change, this place is only being held hostage to suit the desires of a few at the top (the only ones that are happy with the place). A few simple changes and this place could totally restart. I keep saying, there is a game within this game that could be being played here all the time, but it all goes to waste to keep lazier players (or those with a nice big slice of the pie) happy.

Without any significant change, this place is doomed to shrink until no one's left. Why let it go that way? There is literally no reason to keep the mod locked. Its like we have an RP fascist dictatorship here. Only inner party members have any influence, the rest of us out party members are only here as cannon fodder it seems. Those arguing against a player (faction) driven system are only trying to protect what they already have, and simultaneously prove they don't really care about the game world, just their chosen faction.

So that all brings me to my final point. If we had a faction challenge system, any of the factions with ZOI could try to take over Ames from the Zoners. It would give any of those factions something to work for. Maybe the Xenos would try to expand and take advantage of the situation, essentially digging in and using the dark matter storm as even more isolation for their operations. Maybe GC would want to make a go at it. Bottom line, with a system in place players would already be organizing, planning and doing stuff with hope of achieving a real goal! Let the players sort this stuff out and it generates activity. trade, etc.

People who would say we shouldnt do that or avoid real fights over stuff are just trying to avoid losing, when it obviously kills the mod.

Username removed

(02-22-2021, 07:31 PM)Binski Wrote: [ -> ]People who would say we shouldnt do that or avoid real fights over stuff are just trying to avoid losing, when it obviously kills the mod.
You can't lose if there is no mod Wink
(02-22-2021, 01:32 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-22-2021, 12:33 PM)LORD CHRIS Wrote: [ -> ]

Ah yes, one players pixel base vs multiple players who no longer enjoy system. Many things in disco get changed and while people dislike it when they "lose" something, it's inevitable.

Anyone ever said your attitude stinks? Neither Kepler or Galileo have anything apart from trader traffic. There's lots of other places that has lot's to do for multiple player.
Pages: 1 2 3