Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: what stuff are minable?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
there are alot of stuff...stuffs are minable?
Rocks are minable. Imagine that.
But seriously, Any mineral
Rocks you say? Would I find those floating around in space or something?
If you're lucky. But in all seriousness, you got...

Silver
Copper
Water
Hydrocarbons
Niobium
Diamonds
Scrap Metal
Gold
Artifacts
Alien Organisms

And more. Helium in Pennsylvania, I think. Dunno.

Or, alternatively, you could find the rocks on the ground of any planet by docking with it without using the docking ring or mooring fixture. Land in the countryside and get looking.
what is this lost helium commodity ive been trying to find it for ages haha.. apparently you can find it in Penn. but so far no luck
You can also find where to mine things in vanilla systems using your Nav Map. There is a toggle at the top which is a pair of pickaxes. Click it, and you'll see all the zones where you can mine stuff in vanilla systems. Don't know if it works for the new ones, but, oh well.
' Wrote:You can also find where to mine things in vanilla systems using your Nav Map. There is a toggle at the top which is a pair of pickaxes. Click it, and you'll see all the zones where you can mine stuff in vanilla systems. Don't know if it works for the new ones, but, oh well.

It does for newer ones too...I use it regularly for mining exploration
' Wrote:It does for newer ones too...I use it regularly for mining exploration

They don't always work, I remember a field (think it was in O 55) which was marked minable but wasn't.