Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Which Warzone Is Your Favourite?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Vote in the poll.

Thanks to for the data.
Can I have an option for none?
Somewhat S-17 but in reality the one I don't have. Gib Kusari one.
(02-22-2021, 09:24 PM)Reeves Wrote: [ -> ]Can I have an option for none?

If you don't like the current warzones and would like to suggest locations/combinations for new ones, feel free. Otherwise, the none option in this circumstance doesn't require an option in the poll.
/thonking/ What is GRE?

None.
Poole doesn't have Gaian NPCs. Edit: It also doesn't have BAF. It's a Molly vs Corsair zone.

I voted for Edinburgh, although that's mostly down to the fact I only really have Gaian caps. Poole only has gunboats, and other battlezones are too far away or too dangerous to use.
Oh, well, my apologies for the mistakes. I'll try to find someone to update the list in this pool with the correct information.

As for which warzone is my favourite, I'd always choose Zeta because it often gives players the chance to fight, due to its location in the system.
I think in this case I'll shout out to the warzone I'd like to favor.

Now that most of the major house possiblities have passed, I wouldn't mind seeing a shift to the Omicrons. I know I'm repeatative, but I picture a future where the Order and the Core could make moves for stations and planets. Like wise for the Outworlder bases. The Omicrons need a few new sandbox systems though first.

Imagine if the Order and Core could earn a way to submit for a challenging siege of a [non inrp hidden] base (winning = captured not destroyed, just give 7 days to take it down, etc). Think about how both factions would be able to go to work earning for their next attack, and try to capture a base (details for another time). The point would be even if they don't succeed, it still can be used to drive RP around the whole situation. Even if a siege fails, its only until you could earn another try, so its never the end, its never over. That way no loss is final, there's always a reason to keep trying, it just comes down to how well the players can do. Which leaves things open ended enough to create some jobs/opportunities for people looking for a faction with a potential future. Plus, nothing would stop those factions from actually making deals to reach an actual cease-fire agreement. Maybe the Order would say to the Core, "we won't attack certain places if you dont". Each side could also RP with allies for actual help in holding their ground!

That same scenario could work well too in places like Liberty with the insurgency, in Kusari with the Blood Dragons, in Gallia with the Maquis. Perhaps even Nomads should be able to try to capture and take over human stations.

As far as Bretonia and Rheinland go, I'd expect both to not be done with the Omegas just yet.

The real question is, will there be the ability to have real fights or just a backdrop to pointless pvp? All it requires is some new rules for factions. Even I would then try to get involved with some factions as new situations arose, and factions would go back to being the best way for players to get involved somewhere. Not to mention, people would barely need to host events anymore, as each challenge event would do the same thing, except people would always come out for a real fight to capture or protect a real station.

Imagine how busy Zoners would be defending freeports from potential bullies looking to steal a station. C'mon Devs! Lets make it happen!

(currently the RCR system to enact changes is akin to buying a car in the USSR. Pay up front to get on a 10 year waiting list!)
Any further votes for the poll?
Omicron Major.
Pages: 1 2