Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Official Event] The Story Jam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There on the list of the MK1 ships that are no longer on sale, is listed the Gull and the Griffin, that you can buy then in game ... or these ones on the list are a old version or something like that?!
Does it really have to be a brand new thread?

I was going to post it as a chapter of an existing thread - the chapters are one-shots unrelated to each other, so it will be a new story, but about an existing character.
(03-01-2021, 08:21 PM)Lusitano Wrote: [ -> ]There on the list of the MK1 ships that are no longer on sale, is listed the Gull and the Griffin, that you can buy then in game ... or these ones on the list are a old version or something like that?!

Exactly that.

Back in the day there was typically a Mk1 and Mk2 variant.

The Mk1 was the mostly unchanged vanilla ship and Mk2 was the pvp balanced one.
That is why we have

Guardian->Defender
Valkyrie->Wraith

etc. etc.
Ahh ok Smile thanks Skorak Smile
Thank you for making this event guys.
It was just the needed push to make my creative juices start flowing. I may not win, but ultimately, I'm very proud of my story and all the stories I've read (Which was all of them).
This event should be repeated. It fosters a good place to read and learn how to write role play stories. Most role play has to happen on forums these days. Writing it well is a good plus for the game's interest.

Cheers folks.

Mach
I liked this in general, there is just two things I'd request changed for next time:

No public vote - people voted within 10 minutes of the vote going up. No way they even read half the stores(which is why I didn't vote as I found no time to read them)
Word count limit - There was stories with two paragraphs and stories that were two forum pages full of stuff. Would be nice if that was more equal next time. Will make it faster to judge too.
(03-12-2021, 11:00 AM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]Word count limit - There was stories with two paragraphs and stories that were two forum pages full of stuff. Would be nice if that was more equal next time. Will make it faster to judge too.

this, 100% this.
Skorak Wrote:- 03-12-2021, 11:00 AM
I liked this in general, there is just two things I'd request changed for next time:

No public vote - people voted within 10 minutes of the vote going up. No way they even read half the stores(which is why I didn't vote as I found no time to read them)

I voted quickly. But I have reasons for that. I was invested, I wrote my story and then I read all the other stories as the event drew on. Some I loved. Some I just . . . meh. Some were down right unreadable. But the fact of the matter is this is about when people voted. I made my decision first by how impactful the one I voted for was to me. (And it was not mine - thank you whoever voted for mine) And if I found another that was better and more impactful than the one I liked, I would have voted for it.

I think many people who didn't want, or have time to write submissions were also following the submissions closely as possible.

But now I'm being an optimist. Not my style IRL, but I have to be on Disco. Who else is gonna be?
Pages: 1 2