Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Official Event] The Story Jam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

The Story Jam

[Image: Ni0yOGx.png]

OVERVIEW

Discovery's first ever Story Jam! This is a new concept I'd like to bring to Discovery's events that'll happen every so often to bring some new variety and enjoyment to those who are looking for something different. The Story Jam is based of a "Game Jam". A Game Jam is where indi game developers create a new game from scratch following a theme and a time constraint to make a game so I would like to try this concept but instead of creating a game you create a written story based on Discovery Freelancer.

With the Story Jam you'll be asked to create a story from scratch that follows a specific theme that'll be announced at a later date. You'll have one week to create this story and it must be about Discovery and it must follow the rules below and the theme which will be announced later. You are allowed to team up with other people to create this story however the rewards will be split between the group. Once the closing date for the event has come around the stories will be reviewed and judged by a few judges for the "Judges Reward" and there will also be a community vote put in place for the community to vote on their favourite.

As this is something new I'd love to hear your feedback on this so I can improve it in future events.

If you would like to become a judge please PM me on the forum explaining why.

Theme:

Redemption

Submissions:

Date:

18:00 UTC 26th February -> 18:00 UTC 5th March

Rules:
  • All stories created must be new and original. No copies from previous write ups and must be created in a brand new thread situated in the Stories and Biographies subforum.
  • Plagiarism is a big no.
  • One submission per person or group.
  • The theme will be announced at 18:00 UTC on the 26th of February.
  • All stories must be about Discovery Freelancer and must follow Discovery lore.
  • All stories must follow the theme of the jam. The theme will most likely be vague so you may interpret the theme as you like.
  • All submissions should be posted in the submissions thread following the template BEFORE the deadline. Any submissions posted after the deadline will be disqualified. Entries made before the start date and time will also be disqualified.
  • If you work in a group all participants must be credited in the submission form.
  • Forum alts are allowed.
  • Judges may enter the competition however they will only be eligible for the community vote.

Rewards:

There will be two sets of rewards. The Judges Reward and the Community Reward. There will also be a unique user title for all who participated.

Judges:

• 1st Place - Researcher ID, A MK1 Ship, Cool FX Effect for Mk1 Ship (GM Approval), 4 Billion Credits OR 1,400 Sci Data, Uniqie Forum Title - The Redeemed
  • 2nd Place - Researcher ID, A MK1 Ship, Contrail for your Mk1 Ship, 2 Billion Credits OR 700 Sci Data, Uniqie Forum Title - Oath of Redemption
  • 3rd Place - Researcher ID, A MK1 Ship, Contrail for your Mk1 Ship, 1 Billion Credits OR 350 Sci Data, Uniqie Forum Title - Seeking Redemption

Community:

• 1st Place - Researcher ID, 1x Furnace Performance OR 1x Suiryoku Thruster, 1 Billion Credits OR 350 Sci Data + Uniqie Forum Title - Redeemed by popularity
  • 2nd Place - Researcher ID, 1x Furnace Performance OR 1x Suiryoku Thruster, 750 Million Credits OR 250 Sci Data + Unique Forum Title - Literary Savant
  • 3rd Place - Researcher ID, 1x Furnace Performance OR 1x Suiryoku Thruster, 500 Million Credits OR 175 Sci Data + Unique Forum Title - Close but no cigar

Participation:

• Uniqie Forum Title - Literary Enthusiast

Photo by .
I'm looking forward to seeing what people make. What is the visibility of submissions?
(02-23-2021, 10:13 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]I'm looking forward to seeing what people make. What is the visibility of submissions?

Everyone will post in the story subforum. On the 26th I'll post a new thread where everyone can start to post their submissions up until the closing date. They'll be readable by everyone.
Dang, job's gotten so rough you had to crowd source?

A'm sae happy ye wull read mah stories mah mukker! ah hawp ah win!
Well, this is a whole new thing, I like it.
Cheers!
If only I started writing Principia XIV during this event ;-;
Sounds like a good idea to me,
Looking forward to it.
Sign me up for it Big Grin
Can same person submit multiple stories?
Existing Character's PoV allowed?
(02-26-2021, 07:14 PM)Relation-Ship Wrote: [ -> ]Can same person submit multiple stories?

I'm going to make it 1 submission per person or group.

(02-26-2021, 07:14 PM)Relation-Ship Wrote: [ -> ]Existing Character's PoV allowed?

Do as you please as long as it's a brand new story.
Pages: 1 2