Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Server] Game resets affinity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sindroms, are you running the game on HDD or SSD? I used to run it on HDD 5400rpm and it stuttered - it was freezing for a second , but when i reinstalled on the SSD the stutter stopped.
As I recall, DSAce sets the affinity to 1 as a form of protection.

Code:
; Instruct the client to lock the Freelancer.exe to a single cpu core. This
; should be left on and stops Freelancer running slightly faster than it
; should and thus stops the player from being kicked for timer cheating.
LockToSingleProcessor=yes
(04-15-2021, 01:15 PM)Laz Wrote: [ -> ]As I recall, DSAce sets the affinity to 1 as a form of protection.

Code:
; Instruct the client to lock the Freelancer.exe to a single cpu core. This
; should be left on and stops Freelancer running slightly faster than it
; should and thus stops the player from being kicked for timer cheating.
LockToSingleProcessor=yes

Hm, maybe we should switch that to no and see how it performs? If we get many kicks from the anti cheat we could always revert it.
Mine is on a SSD. The stutters are periodic with half a sec - few seconds in between. It is not the loading stutter you get when something new appears on the screen, it is just constant frame drops while running at the capped fps limit.
I want to add that setting my affinity to all CPUs solves a weird issue of getting something like 30+ fluct, lag and loss whenever any decently sized groupfight happens even if I still have my fps at the cap of 120. So any chance we can get to be able to toggle this automatic setting of affinity so I don't have to alt+tab to set affinity before any fight?

P.S. Literally tested it in the big fight in Orkney just now and from 160 ping, 30 fluct, 10+ loss and lag I went to 70 ping and 0/0/0. Literally the moment I switched affinity.
Only limited amount of people are authorized to access necessary source code in order to do that, and I am not among them.

I notified appropriate person.
Pages: 1 2