Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Salvager Pros & Cons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was just stationed with my *cough* in Puerto Rico on the nearest shipyard. I saw the "Salvager", looked
very epic and the "philosophy" on the infocard boosted my desire to buy it.
Now as you know, this is a brand new ship and few have actually bought it let alone fought with it or against it.

Now id like to ask those lucky few (on both sides) of your experiences with it relating to combat.

Mjolnir kept talking its weak and only good enough to defend itself, well i heard rumors... that a guy in this
"frigate" actually harvested that certain terrorist we all know and love.:P

You can see my growing interest in such a craft, so tell me how you guys (who used it or fought against it) feel about it:)
It's huge, slow, and an easy target for bombers. you place yourself at about 1k and have fun dropping SNs into it while it is unable to fight back. I managed to solo one in a Recycler without losing over half my nanos...and I ain't a great pilot...
That certain terrorist will admit himself that he's still getting used to his new toy. Fly up to Varyag and call him a nasty name to see how it handles in that situation. :P

It's not a true top-end gunboat, but in the right hands it's more than able to fend for itself. You need to know how to handle it and not let people get your broad angles is all.

' Wrote:It's huge, slow, and an easy target for bombers. you place yourself at about 1k and have fun dropping SNs into it while it is unable to fight back. I managed to solo one in a Recycler without losing over half my nanos...and I ain't a great pilot...

Neither was he. It can dodge SN shots just fine at that distance.
also, i need your help, its both for the Wiki and to prevent sanctions.

Quote:- trader ships with cargo hold more than 500 units, including liners, are considered transports;

6.19 Pirates have a right to deal as much damage as they see fit before or after demanding money from a trader ship, but killing trader ship before demanding money or cargo is not allowed.

is it a gunboat or transport

Quote:"its not a gunboat" <--Mjolnir
are you sure?
Heh, never thought of that. If it's not classed as a gunboat, then destroying a Salvage Frigate without making demands is a sanctionable offense.

That's a bit daft, I'd say.
' Wrote:Heh, never thought of that.

always expect the unexpected.

I know its "daft" but we need official rulings here people. + i want to write an article about it
and that requires strict specifications.

I buyed the salvager yesterday...

epic. the thing is easy to mine in, one million per full cargo in puerto rico...

Just...its a good ship, but why on earth would you want to shoot stuff in it? o.o
the salvage frigate is a TRANSPORT - officially. it is not a gunboat or anything else - a pure, 100% transport.

Well, Jinx, lets say, 90% transport, its a very good ship for non combat. five gb turrets are good, BUT an adv train has more fighterpower.
' Wrote:Just...its a good ship, but why on earth would you want to shoot stuff in it? o.o

*cough* Do you know who I am?:laugh:

' Wrote:the salvage frigate is a TRANSPORT - officially. it is not a gunboat or anything else - a pure, 100% transport.

I can see that causing legal problems.... I can already smell the potential abuse.
Pages: 1 2 3