Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A Somewhat Confused Entrance by Samuel Sprolf
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Greetings all, and to all a good day.

I'm a veteran of Freelancer, I've played every way you can, seen everything there is to see, and downloaded most mods that look well-put together. The Discovery Mod, chiefly, though.

I remember the that old site, the Lancersreactor was still up.
... I also recall when this mod was nothing compared to what it is today.

So I've been Freelancing for a while.

That said, I shall also announce something else:
I have never played Freelancer multiplayer before.

So that qualifies me as a... an old newbie?

Anyways, now, after problems with getting forum accounts registered, combating troublesome mod managers, bypassing Vista redundancies and errors, reinstalling the game on my computer literally seven times, and basically having a rough time of it all, I have successfully integrated Discovery 4.84 into my installation of Freelancer.
I'm ready to play some multiplayer now.

I think Role-Playing should be easy enough, but figuring everything out should be the real challenge here.

So, "hello all," and here's to some fun in the future, eh?
Hopefully, I should think.

Postscript: And as a side note, prospective factions I'm looking at:
PanGal, .:j:.
And perhaps ALG if I get bored.

EDIT: My current character will probably not end up in any of the factions I have mentioned at this point in time, but any succeeding characters will most likely be involved in them. PanGal is almost definite, .:j:. is somewhat more tentative.
Greetings, have a good stay. I hope we shall meet in space.
Indeed, Thank you very much.
Welcome!
Unless you already noticed, 4.84 is no longer the version to have, we have beta versions for 4.85 now instead - refer to the 4.85 Transition forum.
Mate.. the current version is 4.85.:P

Also, welcome to the server and community! Better read the rules, but you seem like a smart guy, I bet you did it already.
This is my first server as well, was just like you, loved the SP, crossed it a few times, dled various mods, but new to multiplayer.

You'll find that a lot's confusing at start here, but later on it'll all make perfect sense to you.
Make sure you use common sense when playing, obide by the rules, keep a cool head, keep relative fair play in mind ( don't fight fighters with battleships for example, but feel free to outnumber someone up to 3:1 )

If you have any questions whatsoever, fire away and I'll help.
Also if you need some advice on anything, ask.

I recommend exploring a bit for yourself, seeing the universe, and I also wholeheartedly recommend joining one of the official player factions, there're a lot of great ones, and it helps a lot with the amount of fun and RP you have, and it's always good to have some people you know and play with on a more regular basis, and know that you have wingmen to fall back on.

If you decide to join a faction, the Colonial Remnant will most likely be open for you, we appreciate potential awesome players.:)

Good luck mate.
' Wrote:Welcome!
Unless you already noticed, 4.84 is no longer the version to have, we have beta versions for 4.85 now instead - refer to the 4.85 Transition forum.

............ oh.

Well, that's a pile of rot.
All that work, and it's outdated by the time I'm done.

I officially hate you, Wrathkin, now.

(Not really. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.)

And thanks you very much, Swift.
I'm already acquainted with Discovery in game and with the rules, so I should be well off.
Although I imagine a more firm grasping of said rules will come with playing the game.
Hello and welcome, be mindful of the rules and their complexity, I have found reading sanction reports has greatly increased my understanding of them. If you would like you are also welcome to join my disco help channel (link in sig) where we can answer any questions you might have. If you dont have skype I recommend you get it if you want to become active in the community, it is the IM of choice around here. Most of all though Have Fun!

Also when you un-install 4.84 I advise using restore backups in FLMM, it is much more reliable then de-activate mod.
Right, then, Tazuras, thanks.

I'll read the reports as soon as I find out how the devil to get an updated version of the Beta downloaded...
Welcome, and beware the penguins, communist and otherwise.

I don't know about the others you mentioned, but I'll say the .:j:. folks are a pretty great group (no, I'm not one of them:P). Also, word is the Kusari factions need more players up in those parts, if you're interested in that area.
' Wrote:Welcome, and beware the penguins, communist and otherwise.

I don't know about the others you mentioned, but I'll say the .:j:. folks are a pretty great group (no, I'm not one of them:P). Also, word is the Kusari factions need more players up in those parts, if you're interested in that area.

Penguins? Dear me, how dreadfully awful.

I should also mention that I can't abide Oriental cuisine, so I can't see myself operating anywhere near their space.
Pages: 1 2 3 4