Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: For those of you with connection issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yesterday installing freelancer for the first time in years I decided to go with this mod. I spent a good 4 hours trying to get the mod to install/play the game. I kept searching on the interwebz for people with the issue that the user can see the server but when you try and connect it yells at ya with "were sorry, but were unable to connect, this might be because server is going offline ectectect" well I found one person that fixed it using this method and as it turns out it worked for me too.

Install game
Install flmm
use quickfix 1.0c
flpatch.exe (maybe not necessary bc it comes with mod but i did it anyway)
Install Mod and have it running.
Then (perhaps the most important part, play single player until the first time you go into the bar and talk to zoa.. i forgot her name.. after you speak with her f1 save game, and at this point i was finally able to connect to server).

Prior to trying this i uninstalled all forms of firewall/antivirus, portfowarding, pings, tracerts, direct connects, command lines with exe shortcuts.. everything.

This was the only way to get it to connect... Oh i also installed and uninstalled like 25 times..

Oh and one more thing, i'm running Vista x64bit ultimate edition. Please post back to bump this if this method works, maybe we can get a sticky if it is a mass solution.

Goodluck I hope this helps.
Very interesting. I hope some people try this as a lot have been having trouble, hope it works too. Thanks for posting it.
I have been having woes exactly as you described.

I was quite joyous when I noted the obvious parallels between your description and my experience, and swiftly attempted to follow your instructions in hopes of restoring functionality to my game.

I proceeded with the steps you laid out, but my single player didn't work quite correctly, (dumping me in that beautiful but otherwise useless system we know as Omicron Major) and as such, I was unable to complete that last step.

Her name is Zane... Jun'ko Zane, by the by.

Anyways - the lack of single player functionality may be why I still can not connect to either Discovery server, and it may not be.

As far as security programs are concerned, I have Avast! and the default Microsoft programs. Both were deactivated at the time.

I should note that I was earlier able to briefly access the European server, but when I typed in the name I desired for myself, it said it was already taken. This was obviously not true, given the uniqueness that is my name. I tried a different name, but to no avail whatsoever. I then disconnected from the server, hoping to reconnect, but I have not been able to do so ever since.

Thank you in advance for any help you might offer, be it useful or useless.
' Wrote:I have been having woes exactly as you described.

I was quite joyous when I noted the obvious parallels between your description and my experience, and swiftly attempted to follow your instructions in hopes of restoring functionality to my game.

I proceeded with the steps you laid out, but my single player didn't work quite correctly, (dumping me in that beautiful but otherwise useless system we know as Omicron Major) and as such, I was unable to complete that last step.

Her name is Zane... Jun'ko Zane, by the by.

Anyways - the lack of single player functionality may be why I still can not connect to either Discovery server, and it may not be.
As far as security programs are concerned, I have Avast! and the default Microsoft programs. Both were deactivated at the time.
I should note that I was earlier able to briefly access the European server, but when I typed in the name I desired for myself, it said it was already taken. This was obviously not true, given the uniqueness that is my name. I tried a different name, but to no avail whatsoever. I then disconnected from the server, hoping to reconnect, but I have not been able to do so ever since.

Thank you in advance for any help you might offer, be it useful or useless.

That's still interesting being the fact that your single player isn't acting properly, still maybe it is linked somehow.. i'm just trying to throw ideas out there, I know nothing of software programming.

Still hope is there, I followed those steps from someone else after they had success and so did I.
check out your single player; did you try single player without the mod enabled?
My single player also doesn't work properly,I ended on Planet Evoria in pensylvania.
Where to get this quickfix 1.oc and this flpatch?
Here ya go bud, I rar'd both files together for you. If you can't extract them i used winrar

Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z23MRCOT

This is interesting, both of your singleplayer's seem to be messed up.. and you both can't connect to servers.. Coincidence?
Their singleplayer games are not messed up... 4.85 has OpenSP built in, so you cannot play the campaign. Instead, you'll be placed on a base of your choice with a number of credits (depends on the mod options you chose when activating the mod).

' Wrote:Their singleplayer games are not messed up... 4.85 has OpenSP built in, so you cannot play the campaign. Instead, you'll be placed on a base of your choice with a number of credits (depends on the mod options you chose when activating the mod).

Though i'm not denying what you said by any means because i'm not extremely knowledgeable about the subject perhaps I loaded single player prior activating the mod.. I know know that was the only way I personally could connect to servers without the error:(

I hope maybe we can figure out something for the less fortunate of the matter
Try installing an older Disco mod, like 4.84 and see if you can use the 1 player. If so, it's the openSP thats not letting you play SP in .85.

Some other things i noted reading your posts:

Make sure you are doing a complete install of FL, and NOT express install. (helping one person for 6 hours, this turned out to be the problem. I could have killed him.)

Do NOT disable your anti-virus, do a complete uninstall before installing FL.

Have the FLMM running while installing the disco mod.

Delete all other mods(recommended, not necessary), at the very least for the troubleshooting stage to eliminate any conflicts that may have been created with the older mods since Disco is a new mod now.

So far, helping about a half a dozen people to connect, it seems like most cases of not being able to connect are unique to each person and their computer. So be patient and keep trying. Remember to follow each instruction you try fanatically.

try this guys post, thanks to Dboy:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29561
That post is extremely useful. Thank you very much for showing that.

I do think that you have just facilitated the correction of my problems.

Now, I simply need to reinstall Freelancer and everything again. (This makes for the eleventh uninstall/install I've done within the past few days. I find that fact somewhat humorous in a pathetic way.)
Pages: 1 2