Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: some questions (ship setup, database)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

i'm not sure if i'm in the correct subforum, with my questions.
there are that many lists and data boards and programs, i get confused from time to time Big Grin

1. i use a large transporter for trading. is it a good idea, not to mount any turrets? it's just a trader.

2. there is a huge amount of different commodities. is there a database, combining information about contrabands in house areas along the traderoutes ; base owner (ID) source and destination ; and if the cargo is fitting to my ship and ID ?

if i'm right, with the id Universal Shipping i am some kind of neutral/free in tradelane location within the "lawful areas"
e.g. - may i transport from Gallia via Bretonia to Liberty ? (US zone of influence is liberty)
- cargo seems to be contraband/restricted in bretonia
- i cant transport passengers and gases
- what is high risk cargo ?

ok, there are more small questions than planned Big Grin

beg your pardon. my english is not the yellow from the egg. ;D

faddal
Hi there,

To answer at your questions: i use a large transporter for trading. is it a good idea, not to mount any turrets?

Depends. If you have 5k of cargo hold, you will want to make big money so you will not equip turrets or cau (armor)

there is a huge amount of different commodities. is there a database, combining information about contrabands in house areas along the traderoutes ; base owner (ID) source and destination ; and if the cargo is fitting to my ship and ID ?

Sure here, but I warn you to be careful because it is outdated: Click

And you can go almost everywhere to be honest. I have a transport with the IC ID and I go everywhere
this list i didnt noticed before. thank you.

and combining with the other lists/programms will be my own work, i think ;D (don't be to lazy, faddal)
(03-15-2021, 12:30 PM)SMG-faddal Wrote: [ -> ]1. i use a large transporter for trading. is it a good idea, not to mount any turrets? it's just a trader.

2. there is a huge amount of different commodities. is there a database, combining information about contrabands in house areas along the traderoutes ; base owner (ID) source and destination ; and if the cargo is fitting to my ship and ID ?

if i'm right, with the id Universal Shipping i am some kind of neutral/free in tradelane location within the "lawful areas"
e.g. - may i transport from Gallia via Bretonia to Liberty ? (US zone of influence is liberty)
- cargo seems to be contraband/restricted in bretonia
- i cant transport passengers and gases
- what is high risk cargo ?
1. Mounting turrets will protect you at the expensive of some cargo, if you want pure profits do not mount them but the small cargo loss should encourage you to use them except when you are POB Supplying when you need a full cargo capacity especially on a 5k transport.

2. FL stat or Wingman is a good tool to use to learn all the commodities, also relate to House Laws on what they dont accept in their space.

Universal can trade with Gallia.
Transporting humans in cargo transports is a big no, in terms of Police and other Enforcement Laws.
High risk cargo would be ores, they pay massively but pirates will take any opportunity to tax you massively.
1 - A transport ship, mainly 5k, are juicy and delicious targets for pirates, and turrets many times is the diference of arriving intact to your destination or not. So for me i mount as many i can and put some armor, the space that i lose doing that is nothing compared to have to pay every single pirate that shows up in my way. so guns and armour yes.

2 - Use Freelancer companion. it will say at are the fastest way, even here are those bases and jump holes and other stuff, and the profit you will make from base A to B, and you can use it to plan your trade routes.

3 - before picking a cargo, read the The Laws of Sirius . you can see here what cargos are illigal or restricted. transporting people on cargo holds is stupid, for that exist liners

take care and stay safe, and have fun Smile
thanks for information.

well, i guess this means for me, keep reading ^^
There is also FLC, that will pull most pricing information directly from the game files* : http://wiz0u.free.fr/prog/flc/

*-With exception to things like mine-able commodities, which info on that can be found here https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=155629