Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Fatal minimize to desktop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's the situation: Me and my friend have been playing on his server which runs Discovery 4.85 beta 4 for a few weeks now. Everything was working great up until I decided to update my Discovery client to the beta update 1 to version 48.154.

Being the stubborn person he is, he refused to update his server to this version (saying something about how he doesn't want to waste time redoing the options), so I figured I would just uninstall the mod and reinstall the original 4.85 Beta. So I did, but whenever I connect to his server and undock from a station, the game minimizes to the desktop and stays minimized (no matter what I do) for about 30 seconds, then a "send to Microsoft?" error appears.

This only happens on his server because single player works flawlessly. This also only happens when flying around in space (the game doesn't minimized while inside a station or at the main menu). I've tried virtually everything one can think of to try and remedy this issue... I've done:

- at least four complete clean uninstall/reinstalls of Freelancer, FMM 1.3, Discovery 4.85 Beta 4
- deleting all bloom files
- system restore to a time when it was working

Basically I've done everything except buy a new computer and hope that works. Can anyone help? I really just want to play Discovery with my friend again and I'll provide any additional info needed.