Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cairo - Zeta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The most recent change in Omicron Zeta bothers the Order player base due to the change being fairly illogical with the organisation. The system rework is not too bad, as it gives more space for conflicts, but there isn't much to it. All that happened is:
  • Pohnpei was cut in half.
  • The Yap Nebula seems to have changed a bit.
  • Capetown is in open space, next to the Planet Murilo (it used to be about 10k far away), and the base is now definitely in a better position.
  • Slight changes to the position of the iota JG and the lair.
  • New Palmyra model.

• Cairo moved outside the Yap nebula, in OPEN space, next to Saipan.

The Order| was unaware of this change, devs placed Cairo outside the Yap nebula in open space. This change doesn't make sense.

1 - The Order would never build a base in open space in a contested region (that's very dangerous), especially in Omicron Zeta.
2 - Cairo is supposed to monitor hostile activity (mostly the Nomad activity) while being concealed.
3 - The station has been hidden for years in nebulas (In Omicron Sigma and the previous version of Zeta).
4 - The current model doesn't even work like it's in open space.

We are unsure why developers accepted this change because it directly violates Cairo's history and violates how the Order works. Nobody from this organisation would ever build a station that's in dangerous space, totally exposed to the outer environment. I can have a word or two of how Core has a near to perfect position in Omicron Delta & Zeta, but that's not something I want to discuss in this thread.

We'd like to ask developers to return the station to its previous place in the Yap nebula, between the Omicron Mu & Minor jump hole. Its current position is very irrational - being totally out of place, breaking its background RP.

Please don't design a system in such a way that can break the RP.

Everything else looks fine. Smile
This is going to be resolved at earliest opportunity, I don't know why this happened, and I am sorry I did not notice.

Especially regarding the bases outside the nebula issue.
(03-20-2021, 03:07 PM)Markam Wrote: [ -> ]This is going to be resolved at earliest opportunity, I don't know why this happened, and I am sorry I did not notice.

Especially regarding the bases outside the nebula issue.

thank you Cool