Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Fifteen Years Later
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

First I'd like to thank the people who still work to this day to keep Freelancer alive. I didn't expect to find a working server, much less a community, fifteen years plus after the game was released!

I remember playing this game as far back as 2005, when I was a young teenager. I don't expect to run into anyone I used to know here, but for the sake of posperity I'd like to say that I was the founder of the MS mercenary guild on the Contact server (the French-speaking server back in the day). I remember I had a faithful friend and right-hand man named Ladwin. He actually has an account on here... last connected in 2010. I'm only 10 years too late.

So, I intend to spend some time online. I have no plan, I don't know if I'll stay for long, but it feels good to visit to galaxy, with all the old memories that it brings back. I might run into some of you, since the server is far from being dead. I'll see you around.
welcome back to discovery

enjoy
Welcome back to Discovery!
Welcome back.
You arrived just about as soon as the game got patched with some more content and various changes so you got here right on time.

Have fun.
(03-20-2021, 08:56 PM)pillow Wrote: [ -> ]You arrived just about as soon as the game got patched with some more content and various changes so you got here right on time.

I'm just amazed by the amount of content that was added on top of the base game. I used to play vanilla back in the day so the changes are huge. I've just logged off my second session and I'm barely scraping the surface.

I truly feel like my character was frozen for 15 years, only to wake up to a world vastly different from the one that used to be - which is pretty awesome.
(03-20-2021, 09:14 PM)Rosenfield Wrote: [ -> ]I truly feel like my character was frozen for 15 years, only to wake up to a world vastly different from the one that used to be - which is pretty awesome.

Rip Van Rosenfield

Welcome to Discovery. I also loved the Vanilla, but the community here is really good. You seem to have played on Role Playing servers before as you mentioned. It's a fun game, there are many things to learn. One could play years and not learn all that Discovery has to offer.

Diaz

Welcome back friend!!
Welcome to Discovery!

It will only get more wild and interesting as time goes by.