Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Bomber De-shielder?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We need a new bomber de-shielding weapon. Perhaps another Class 1 bomber codename (heavy weapon).

The antimatter weapons are ok but it would be nice if there was another option, I was thinking about the barely used Corona beam. Why not change that, or make another one, and make it only strong against shields. No special limiters, just set a straight up rate that is the same against every ship, same range as the corona but only work against the shields. Basically it would still require being close and needing to line your ship up for the shot, and if you figure it out you'd have to drag the beam across an enemy ship to try to make full use of the discharge. Perhaps something on average dealing about 100k damage over a 2-3 second blast, if you can land the whole thing.
Have you ever tried ASURAS?
(03-28-2021, 08:32 PM)Groshyr Wrote: [ -> ]Have you ever tried ASURAS?

Oh yeah I used one for years until recently but I guess it got old on me. The idea I pitch here is similar, instead of lining up a single 'throw' shot which is a good challenge, like the Corona you'd have to line up your nose and try to land the shot and hold it for a second or two. It did make me realize for bombers there are only 2 torpedos and the asuras for serious shield stripping . Of those, the asuras is the only energy using weapon, and there's no other alternative (or competitor) for it.
SNAC+ASURAS heavy bombers often render to be extremely useful, we are as well now have neutralizers who can deshield capship pretty quick. iirc a heavy bomber powercore burst can remove like 70-80% of full heavy bs shield. Not to mention other weapons like Hellfire and Scorchers, codename and standard energy/emp
(03-28-2021, 08:42 PM)Binski Wrote: [ -> ]the asuras is the only energy using weapon

One is enough. Maybe a buff would be nice.
(03-28-2021, 08:30 PM)Binski Wrote: [ -> ]No special limiters, just set a straight up rate that is the same against every ship, same range as the corona but only work against the shields. Basically it would still require being close and needing to line your ship up for the shot, and if you figure it out you'd have to drag the beam across an enemy ship to try to make full use of the discharge. Perhaps something on average dealing about 100k damage over a 2-3 second blast, if you can land the whole thing.

The corona has a range of 1,000m, this is not something you have to get close with.

Otherwise, what you've described is the neutraliser.
(03-28-2021, 09:31 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2021, 08:30 PM)Binski Wrote: [ -> ]No special limiters, just set a straight up rate that is the same against every ship, same range as the corona but only work against the shields. Basically it would still require being close and needing to line your ship up for the shot, and if you figure it out you'd have to drag the beam across an enemy ship to try to make full use of the discharge. Perhaps something on average dealing about 100k damage over a 2-3 second blast, if you can land the whole thing.

The corona has a range of 1,000m, this is not something you have to get close with.

Otherwise, what you've described is the neutraliser.

Fair enough, if it had the same range and dps as the asuras it would be a cool alternative, I'm fine with a 600m range. Maybe also change the color for a bomber version...? I like red lights, engines and energy weapons. A red bomber lazer beam weapon would be just shy of perfection.