Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Dan Johnson of Deep Space Engineering.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: CRu4blZ.png]

[Image: ufLMR0w.png]

Baltimore Shipyard
SUBJECT: Something pretty
TO: Dan Johnson

New York System, Liberty Space

Good Evening.

I know I am contacting you in a less than usual way as a fellow Deep Space Engineering Employee, however last I heard, you were out of Liberty on a logistical run with a number of other Deep Space Engineering pilots, and this is a matter of some urgency. I hear that you are the man to talk to if we require goods delivered quickly.

I have a project. It's somewhat classified, well, it's not really but I don't want to explain it yet.

I feel you may be able to help.

I require 20 Junyo Fire Pearls, 50 units of Gold (processed, I don't have the means to process it from the ore state), 50 units of silver (again, not ore. I need it processed), Oh, and on your way past if you could bring 2 bottles of wine I would appreciate that too.

I will pay you 40 million credits if you are able to deliver these to Baltimore Shipyard - of course this will be on top of your standard fee.

I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

[Image: 93f84826b408bc59f3eea8a16f3c6c9b.png]

CEO - Deep Space
Engineering

☆ From: Dan Johnson

☆ To: Jess Doe

☆ Subject: Something Pretty

Ms.Doe,

I am actually quite excited to hear from you Jess, since my promotion to Assistant Vice-President I have been working on several projects to broaden DSE's portfolio. I will get to that in time, first things first though, you're order.

After a small handful of complications, least of which being that the lens cover was left on my deployable drone during my initial attempts to document my journey, while the worst being the Silver being stolen by a pirate just after getting it.

Departing Freistadt with Copper
Departing Planet Junyo with Fire Pearls
Departing Graves Station with Gold
Departing Planet New Paris, Saint-Denis with Wine

Arriving at Baltimore Shipyard

Further more, I encountered a rather grumpy LPI officer.

Below you will find my expense report:
[=]

If I may Ms.Doe, I have a business proposal to present to you. The following work was done entirely out of pocket and performed with the goal of gauging the interest in the general populace of Sirius in the use of a budget means of transportation. Orbital Spa and Cruise easily corners the market on the Luxury Cruise industry, Interspace Commerce offers high security transportation of White Collar employees to offices across the houses but I ask you, what of the common workers?

In the wake of the numerous wars across Sirius in recent history there has been an ever growing class of workers with out the means to get to job locations and places where they are needed. These people cannot afford the exuberant prices marketed by OS&C, and Interspace Commerce doesn't offer trips to locations where these workers are needed. My proposal entails budget transportation to real working class locations. From major population hubs to Shipyards to Mining Installations and Manufacturing Facilities across Sirius.

As I understand this is major proposal I decided to take an initial financial risk into my own hands in order to prove it has a vested interest. Below you will see the documentation based on polls of the most in demand routes around Sirius.

With the crippling of the Bretonian Manufacturing industry during the war many workers have been displaced, even with the construction of Portsmouth Shipyard the new advancements in modern automated construction has displaced many workers. These men and women are highly skilled civilian ship builders which are in critical demand constructing Civilian transports in Gallia. Within Gallia, in the aftermath of the Kusari-Gallic War much of the Gallic Infrastructure was damaged within Lorraine and Languedoc which has lead to massive unemployment within these sectors, these workers who are mostly skilled miners and people who worked in the technology manufacturing sector which are in reasonably high demand here in Liberty. As I am sure you are no doubt aware the numbers of Refugees from Leeds on Pittsburgh is still at a critical point, while many of them are doing good work in the Boron mines there are some employees who are "Over Qualified" for the jobs they do and (while they certainly could move up in DSE) realistically there is only so many positions open. Conveniently, these employees skills seem to be in demand in Kusari, who is also still reeling from the recent war. As is no big surprise the youngest generation of Kusarians have often been in direct opposition with the older generations. This is leading to many of them not interested in trying to change the system looking for work outside of Kusari. From college graduates with special training in Engine Construction to Farmers which are massively in demand in the rapidly blossoming Crayter Republic which has become a sort of hub for many workers across Sirius looking to start a new life outside the 5 Major Houses. However, even in what seems to a place to flock from across Sirius has it's own people more interested in leaving to find new ground. Admittedly this took some of the most convincing and negotiating with local businesses but I finally managed to find some interest. These workers have mixed skills and are most interested in heading for Rheinland who's jobs while likely less luxurious then Crayterian work probably pays considerably better. Lastly, In Rheinland, it seems that their war ship construction has stagnated according to polled workers which has driven many to look elsewhere for employment, namely Bretonia and her rapid work to reconstruct her navy in the wake of the Gallic War.

[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]
[=]

Dan Johnson
Shuttle Pilot
Employee of the Month, MFE October 827 A.S.
Assistant Vice-President of Deep Space Engineering

[Image: CRu4blZ.png]

TO: ..................... Dan Johnson
CC: ..................... Jess Doe
SUBJECT: ...... Re: Something Pretty

Good day Dan,

I received your memo and with Jess being away some requests have gone unnoticed. Your message was interpreted as an expense report and sent to HR and Finance. Your business proposal to Jess therefore went unnoticed.

As you currently are assistant VP at DSE you must understand that any and all proposals which may affect DSE in Sirius need to be approved by at least one fellow board member. If you would be willing to share your business proposal with me I can have a look at it. Seeing the detail that you normally put into your reports I have no doubt that you can (if not already) create a business case whereby you describe your proposal in detail including an executive summary, expected revenue, possible business risks and rules to mitigate these risks should they occur.

Here at Operations we generally deal with day-to-day business yet we also look towards the future so having said that, I look forward to your business proposal. Please address this to me and Jess Doe in CC.

As a final note I suggest that you ensure expense reports are seperated from your other memo's. As our staff is doing multiple roles already it certainly helps if everything is untangled from the get-go.

Regards,

[Image: Barclay-Bestendas.png]
Barclay Bestendas
Deputy-director, Operations