Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Courtesies Amongst Operatives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Courtesies Amongst Operatives

The sun had begun to decline into the blue waters of the ocean, Emily had used inner system transports to reach her destination. Though she had heard of such a place as Planet Nevers, she never visited this planet before. To her surprise it was a beautiful haven for tourist and vacationers, it reminded her of the brief stay on Curacao many years before.

The landscape was broken up by several islands, each had developed buildings and facilities which accommodated the local tourists, between the islands lay a peaceful calm crystal blue ocean, which shaped the islands into graceful and smooth shores. The setting of the sun began to blend the blue of the sky, with rays of pinks and yellows, few small shuttlecrafts sped their way through the air, leaving trails of white streaks behind them.

Emily drew her attention from her window, and back into her hotel suite. It was an open-plan room, a breakfast bar broke separated the kitchen from the living room, which had several white leather-covered chairs gathered around the entertainment centre. To her left lay the door to her sleeping quarters, where her belongings still laid, unpacked.

She had arrived with casual clothing, which turned some heads as she arrived through the lobby, she hoped that the attire she planned for the coming dinner would be satisfactory for her company while turning the others guests head in a different manner.

Looking upon the time she decided it was time to get ready, helping herself to the welcoming bottle of wine, she began her ritual for a date.

Battleship Renaissance has arrived in the system of Burgundy a couple of days ago for regular tech check-ups and repairs at Avallon's drydock. Using this as the opportunity to perform his, presumably important meeting, Director de Lusignan had to remember the last time he was on a dinner with a woman and what knew about them: quite amusing that a man of his age yet was not much experienced in social with opposite gender outside of work.

Atmospherics shuttle has quickly traveled from the Renaissance to the meeting place and the Director, accompanied by two bodyguards, left the ferry. A black suit he dressed in was rather simple but yet expensive has left it and went inside. Many of the Gallic nobles have preferred fancier clothes with many accessories, which usually was making them look like parrots – Antonin in the meanwhile preferred elegant simplicity over fanciness.

Upon entering, his bodyguards have taken seats not far from him but yet to cover the area around in the case of need. The guest was not yet here, and so Antonin has taken a seat. Soon, the woman appeared. She had arrived with casual clothing, which was in Lusignan's favor. Upon her reach to their dining table, Antonin rise and helped her to take a seat. Only then the man allowed himself to sit opposite the woman.

"Did you enjoy your yet short stay here, in Gallia, Mademoiselle Anderson?" - a simple question to start an unabashed conversation.

Emily looked upon the director, somewhat impressed by his simple but elegant fashion choices. She briefly took a glance at the men across the room which had accompanied the Director, she had almost forgotten who he was, and such security is a mere procedure for such a person.
Turning her attention back to the man which sat before her, she smiled politely.

"Oui, Gallia's beauty came as a surprise for me, Director" - Her attempt of the common tongue in Gallia was an attempt at most, her previous accents still showed through her pronunciation.

"I hope I have not kept you waiting?" She asked, as she subtly attempted to fix her hair, as it dangled just below the shoulders.

"Certainly you did not," he answered her with a brief smile. "You almost made me believe you actually from Rheinland."

"Gallia was always beautiful, what cannot be said about certain people in it. But there is no perfect society and shall never be as long as each unit in it is a separate personality with its own individuality. Do you agree?"

She smiled slightly as he commented on her accent. Though she wasn't sure if he was being serious or not, though his smile, as brief as it was, was somewhat comforting.

"Oh, no... I guess not. Though I believe if peace were to be a thing which can be achieved, it would be through tolerance, rather than harmony.."

Emily took a sharp stare towards the Director, already they were talking about politics, a topic which she felt she'd have to continue stepping lightly on, especially now she was face to face with Antonin.

"Doubtful. As you may hear, difficult times create strong people, strong people create peaceful times, peaceful times create weak people, weak people create difficult times." The Director looked at her carefully and answered. "We are entering the period of peace when weak people will be created. The tolerance you told about is one of such weaknesses that leads to degradation which will end with the creation of difficult times. This system is rather simple but proves itself from one age to another. The First Gallic War created many strong people that brought peace to Gallia which ended with the start of the Second Gallic War which ended just recently. Hopefully, such a long crisis as that gave up enough of time before the next difficult age will appear."

"Yet I doubt this is the topic you would prefer to discuss."

She leaned back as Antonin spoke, there was something relaxing about his accent, though she might not agree with the words he was saying, she could certainly feel herself begin to believe...

There was a pause as she realised the Director had stopped talking.

"No no, we can continue talking, Director, after all. It is clear your certainly passionate about this..."
she began.

"And what do you think the next difficult age will be?" She asked, leaning forward, staring deep into his eyes.

"Who may know. Judging the history of Gallia it may be the Third Civil War for changing the regime that a certain portion of the elite would not like. That elite would have gathered supporters and cause a coup: successful or not, but it would cause yet another war. You could have observed something like this just recently in Rheinland: a coup made by nobles and a civil war initiated by those who held power during the Federal Rheinland."

"Hm... Well if that's your prediction, we will have to ensure that doesn't happen... I don't know the Gallic people - I'll admit, though they have my sympathy for all that they went through. We can't let history repeat itself --

Emily began to reach across the table with her hand, before she was interrupted.

Beside the table now stood a waiter.

"Voulez-vous a beverage?" The waiter asked.

Emily looked upon her company to decide.

"Yes. Espresso for me, please." ordered the man and looked at Emily. "How about you? What would you drink?"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5