Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello to all pilots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I've played Discovery before, but with very rarely and almost no RP.

Recently replayed the original game. And before "entering" RP I went to ask for advice from "old" RP players and those who have been playing on Discovery for a long time:

I would not like to come up with something that already exists or was earlier and is included in the current RP. I wanted to offer several options for my RP.

1) Military deserters who disobeyed orders during the Nomad War and hid (possibly in Liberty, Bretonnia or Taus).

2) There was small organization in the game Quintaine's Men (Q's Men). The idea of playing for this organization of "mercenaries" composed of Ex-GMG and Ex-Xenos. (The bottom line is: what happened to them after the Nomad war, without professor).

3) Same as "2)" but for Kress's Men (Kress). Oucasts cooperating with the Order (as much as possible). Or even play as Kress himself. (find something like this)

4) Just one pilot representative of the organization (mb from original game story: " Military - Hans Fischer", " IC - Karen Bertal").

I wanted to know why these options can be bad. I would not like to use characters or organization that someone has already played or previously played. Or they don't fit the current lore. Everyone's opinion is interesting).

P.S. Please don't "take" my options before I choose one of them)
(04-14-2021, 12:23 PM)Geroi Geroev Wrote: [ -> ]I would not like to come up with something that already exists or was earlier and is included in the current RP. I wanted to offer several options for my RP.

1) Military deserters who disobeyed orders during the Nomad War and hid (possibly in Liberty, Bretonnia or Taus).

I wanted to know why these options can be bad. I would not like to use characters or organization that someone has already played or previously played. Or they don't fit the current lore. Everyone's opinion is interesting).

P.S. Please don't "take" my options before I choose one of them)

So, I'm wondering, why in the name of the gaming gods would anyone want to start a group of people who are actually cowards? Not just sorta cowards, but cowards that could have caused the extinction of the human race in Sirius if everyone else followed them.

Maybe I'm taking it too seriously or misunderstand your intent, but I wouldn't want to be part of a clan called the 'Cowardly Lions' or whatever it would be called.

I'm not taking away from your creativity, you do think outside the box, I just think this is kind of the wrong direction for the game.

Keep producing Ideas, this is constructive criticism and I'm not attacking you at all my friend.