Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Is there a limit to the number of items a ship can carry?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Sunburst and out of fun I visited as a Zoner every possible system and base and went through all jump gates and holes. Next I started to collect one item of every good so I could have a kind of database that tells me where to sell found goods for the best price. And here I ran into a bummer.

After having bought 103 goods I wasn't able to buy anything anymore although I had still place for 386 items in my cargo. Weird thing: the money still was deducted from my account.

So my first question: is there a limit to the number of different items a ship can carry?

Second question: does this number increase when having a bigger ship?

Thank you for any information!
1) Yes there is a limit to the amount of 'different' items. It can end up with your ship experiencing problems with logging if you get to the limit.

2) No the limit doesn't appear to change.

Edit:
1) Items that 'stack' up ie you can 400 of something under 1 entry in your hold, will count as 1 Item for the count - all commodities etc.
2) Those Items that don't 'stack' up, then each individual item will count as 1 separate Item - Codename Weapons etc.
A good method for finding this painstakingly acquired information by the way is using these two tools:

FLStat - Which shows all the "raw" data of bases, factions, commodities, ships, guns etc.

FL Companion - Which is mostly route planning info that shows which are most efficient paths and credist/seconds etc.
It is because of this limitation that most equipment vendors that specialize in code weapons now use bases for selling those code weapons, or they sell them to bases. The 100 individual item limit is part of the original code of the game, and probably can't be changed, although I'm not one of the coders. Keep in mind, you do not need to keep the items on your ship to have them in your neural net.
In fact, that's a bit counter-productive.
First thank you all for answering!

(04-20-2021, 05:25 PM)Machelvanius Wrote: [ -> ]Keep in mind, you do not need to keep the items on your ship to have them in your neural net.
In fact, that's a bit counter-productive.
Maybe I didn't mention it in so many words but it was also fun finding out what was the best route to collect what where and then collecting it.