Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello, returning from vanilla, requesting ship advice :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi !

My name is Snape. I'm from Australia so I struggle with ping issues and probably will never be able to PVP successfully but am having a lot of fun on the discovery server. It's amazing to see my all time fav game is still alive. This mod is fantastic and I love all the amount of ships and equipment available. I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong thread.

I've been experimenting with a number of ships and ultimately I would like a battleship of some description with all the missile and torpedo launchers to satisfy my inner desire to blow up the Donau!! and other ships (In AI based missions of course).

I've been doing a lot of looking on the Wiki and making trips to specific bases to find certain ships only to find that the wiki stats for the ships are out of date in regards to the equipment that can be mounted on them.

I am looking for a ship that has the ability to fire preferably two torpedo's (Nova and Incapacitator Torpedoes) and is *Somewhat* nimble. I believe these two types of Torpedoes or maybe just the Nova torpedo has been nerfed in terms of its lock on range for bombers as per a recent thread I read just now. Can anyone clarify if this is just for Bombers or if these (or just the Nova) torpedo launchers themselves are nerfed across the board?

So my question for you kind people is, is there a ship that can have both of these launchers, is quite nimble (figher class / bomber class) and can have a decent shield and hull strength. Perhaps I'm asking for too much in a ship, but for now I want to take on some high level missions and get that cash for a capital ship in the future.

Or, should I skip this step and stick to trading my way up and just buy a battleship and obliterate people.

Thank you in advance.

Ships I've tried:

The Arrow (LF) (managed to do some million dollar plus contracts somehow) - loved it for its agility and speed but just far too weak to be viable.

The Manaslu (LF)- Loved this ship but it didn't have a torpedo mount which was a shame as I would of kept it for its amazing handling and speed.

The Spatial (SHF)- Loved this also, a great mix of handling and strength but didn't have a torpedo mount. The chaingun was lots of fun but.

The Hellhound (Gunboat) - Great for torpedoes but they don't have the range I'm after and its a bit of a cumbersome ship. I would keep this ship If it had better range options for the Torpedo's This ship is good for missions but I'm not enjoying the lack of maneuverability and small range of the launchers.

Additionally, can any ship fire missile launchers AND Torpedoes ? (Maybe I'm being greedy)

Thank you

Sincerely

Snape