Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To>: All Player Factions in Sirius + Gallia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

- - - - Incoming Transmission - - - -

I only want to say ... i am "boring" to see factions to die because they cannot stand up with the currently game players (yes, we have right now a promedy of 20 players per day) ...

My holidays are pretty near, and i am still in pandemic state in my city ... so ...

I can offer part of my time in getting you, the lonely faction who need activity to aid you, even official factions ...

Think about it ... i'll be in touch with anyone who needs a boost in help Smile

- - - - Ending Transmission - - - -

During the hours when I play, for example, online reaches 50 players on average, and up to 70 if there is no events. Closer to the night (here) sometimes can even see about 80-90 players online. So, honestly I don't quite understand why you decided that there're only 20 players on the whole server. And in the mornings (here) I also usually see 10-20 players in game, but I understand that this numbers cannot be called and average, or main, online of the server. So... Yah. Why call such frighteningly disappointing numbers if this isn't entirely true?

P.S.: Otherwise, of course, your zeal to help the "weak" PF (and even some OF maybe) is commendable. Good luck!
Don't forget about the time zones. In my prime there are 20 players at best, quite often I see 7-10. Not everyone is in Europe
Advertising this place would make much more use, to be honest. You could try doing that if you interested in making it more populated
(05-20-2021, 03:59 PM)Save My Soul Wrote: [ -> ]During the hours when I play, for example, online reaches 50 players on average, and up to 70 if there is no events. Closer to the night (here) sometimes can even see about 80-90 players online. So, honestly I don't quite understand why you decided that there're only 20 players on the whole server.
P.S.: Otherwise, of course, your zeal to help the "weak" PF (and even some OF maybe) is commendable. Good luck!

It is the promedian amount of users ... maybe 30 ... but is rare sight this days to see more than 60 at same time when not an event, just logged in

(05-20-2021, 04:03 PM)Shimamori Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget about the time zones. In my prime there are 20 players at best, quite often I see 7-10. Not everyone is in Europe

Yes, i know about it ... that is the fun part ...

(05-20-2021, 04:05 PM)Groshyr Wrote: [ -> ]Advertising this place would make much more use, to be honest. You could try doing that if you interested in making it more populated

I advertise the server on Twitch when my sister do some streams, and me in YT and Facebook doing the same ... we are not just as big with followers to commit a real change ... having maybe less than 10 viewers is not like "Oohh!! see it, is famous!!" we really try our best ...

And for supporting OF and PF i will glad, just i cannot make it all at all times, i am currently aiding a bit right now to Rheinland and Omegas ... credits are my limits, but i cannot get everything is pretty hard ... fun ... but hard.

and still having IRL issues and a life ... so ... i just try my best Smile
It was about 50 players an hour ago. Though it was short-lived, yah, and now many are just sitting in Connecticut, but still. Anyway, not going to argue. Just thought it was a bit unfair to the game to tell 20 players is average online, or something like that. Just saying, anyway. Nevermind.

Imagine playing at least DFL and RO and having real life. Ouph! Wink
Many of the events of the past few years proved we do still have quite a few with the mod installed, its just creating some situations to actually compel people to jump online regularly again. But we have no real driving force anymore to entice people that have already done the basics here to keep coming back.

There are some pretty obvious answers regarding that problem that are simply ignored and not even considered. Advertisement is one, and new activities are another. Ironically we can create tons of new activities just by ditching some old useless rules that keep the place suppressed. When pop was 150 on average maybe they made sense, but the last few years this place is locked down compared to what we could have. We just need the staff to want to operate the game for the players to facilitate more player driven action. Something so avoided to spare some inconvenience is keeping the place choked off from new things, and new long time players. So, please, players out there, write a letter to your dev or something and ask for this place to be opened up.

Currently there is no major driving force creating any real needs on the server. No one is mad shipping for money to buy stuff and ships with because nothing is going on, definitely nothing actually at risk. The old game is over here, those who lasted won folks. At this time, we could move on a bit, or those with a firm grip on what they want will be the only ones having fun until there's only 5-10 people online, and so on. Meanwhile a whole huge space world sits unused because no one in control will do anything different!

Its paranormal at this point, I'm under the firm belief that many here sub-consciously want this place dead, all the actions seem to indicate that. Don't be surprised, everywhere there is something of worth, there is a dark force trying to ruin it. This world. the real world, all worlds, the same thing. When the hord is about to storm the gate and the guy in charge of the gate refuses to close it, or fumbles, odds are its no coincidence. We all are working towards a sub-consicous aim at all times (in the great war of wills), and when people act funny or refuse to do what makes actual sense, after a while, it just tells you what side they're on. One is pro-freedom, one is not. Although it might depend on your point of view. Can anyone guess which side is right?
You asked before what conspiracy theory is and that people are throwing in accusations without a base? Well, let's look at the basic Wiki definition based on the academic works in the field: "A conspiracy theory is an explanation for an event or situation that invokes a conspiracy by sinister and powerful groups, often political in motivation, when other explanations are more probable". I underlined the important part.

Now let's get back to what you are saying here (and literally in every other post):
"Its paranormal at this point, I'm under the firm belief that many here sub-consciously want this place dead, all the actions seem to indicate that. Don't be surprised, everywhere there is something of worth, there is a dark force trying to ruin it. This world. the real world, all worlds, the same thing. When the hord is about to storm the gate and the guy in charge of the gate refuses to close it, or fumbles, odds are its no coincidence. We all are working towards a sub-consicous aim at all times (in the great war of wills), and when people act funny or refuse to do what makes actual sense, after a while, it just tells you what side they're on. One is pro-freedom, one is not. Although it might depend on your point of view. Can anyone guess which side is right?"

You are literally attributing the state of an 18-yo game with a mod that surprisingly still has a community (I can link many much more recent games that have gone into oblivion already with no online) to some dark forces with sinister plot that we are unconsciously helping. It also appears from your words that you are projecting your conclusions about the state of the game on the real political and economic situation in the world, namely on "liberal-authoritarian" axis. Yeah, riiiiiight. You are trying to invoke explanation and very far fetched conclusions about the game, the mod, the people who are playing it, and even not related to the game matters without any supported proofs or even logical deliberations. Moreover, when you claim people do it subconsciously, which is not only in contradiction to the possible opinion of the people you are making these claims on behalf of, but also to the important Popper's principle of falsifiability, i.e. your claims cannot be theoretically either proved or refuted, therefore meaningless with relation to the discussion. If this is not a vivid example of conspiracy thinking, then I do not know what it.
(05-21-2021, 05:20 AM)Gardarik Wrote: [ -> ]when other explanations are more probable[/i]". I underlined the important part.

Oh and that's not opinion inserted into a definition on wikipedia? Try webster's dictionary instead. That is literallly written hoping the reader has the IQ of a potato.

And its only far fetched when you don't understand the true metaphysical origin of our situation. In truth our whole existence starts from a stand point of metaphysical control, which means everything after a certain point could be determined. But, that's just my opinion.
(05-21-2021, 10:39 AM)Binski Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2021, 05:20 AM)Gardarik Wrote: [ -> ]when other explanations are more probable[/i]". I underlined the important part.

Oh and that's not opinion inserted into a definition on wikipedia? Try webster's dictionary instead. That is literallly written hoping the reader has the IQ of a potato.

I linked exactly that definition, because unlike others it has a range of the academic literature from where it is inferred. In relation to the claim "other explanations are more probable", there are four supportive academic sources, published in respected academic journals and quoted for science [1], [2], [3], [4]. It is an opinion, but a well supported. Or will you go further in your conspiracy theories and reject the academia as well?

(05-21-2021, 10:39 AM)Binski Wrote: [ -> ]And its only far fetched when you don't understand the true metaphysical origin of our situation. In truth our whole existence starts from a stand point of metaphysical control, which means everything after a certain point could be determined. But, that's just my opinion.

If you are trying to link the situation in Freelancer to philosophic/psychological deliberations on the issue of "escaping from freedom" as described by Erich Fromm or the like, you are going too far into speculations and groundless assumptions, and only strengthening the perception of you as a apologist of some conspiracy theory, effectively turning yourself into a meme. What next? Freelancer being an inexorable ontological component of the Universe? Zoner Tears are universal panace, and NoMe's quotes are the key to eudamonia? "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem" - "Entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily", that is do not overcomplicate a theory with improbable assumptions that would require even more explanations than a simple explanation, in this case Freelancer being an old niche game that can attract only so much people. But I digress, if you want to continue living in an imaginary world where introduction of some grand-strategy elements to disco would save it - be my guest. I apologise to the OP and the moderators for my sidestepping from the orininal topic.
Pages: 1 2