Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Notice: Processor Affinity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
tldr without the technical stuff: We'll be testing some changes to serverside settings, hoping to fix some performance issues. If you were not experiencing any performance issues before but start encountering performance/stability drops after tomorrow's server restart, report it in the thread linked at the bottom of this post. Thank you.

We've been getting quite a few reports recently of players (usually on relatively more modern hardware) experiencing various performance/stability issues running the game, and in quite a few of those cases manually setting affinity to all processors seems to resolve the issue.

As a trial run, we'll be changing some serverside settings so the game doesn't automatically reset to single core on each loading screen. This should hopefully fix the issues for players who had to manually set their affinity as a workaround, but unfortunately there's a catch - This was known to cause some issues in the past, so the hope is it won't be problematic anymore on the range of hardware used to play the game nowadays. The changes should be in effect with tomorrow's restart, we'll be keeping a close eye on both server stability and playerside performance, and if it turns out to be causing any problems in either area we'll unfortunately have to revert it again, but worth a try at least.

Feel free to discuss in this thread, but to make the actual input easier to track, if you notice any change in performance/stability report it in this thread instead.
I'm not sure if I understood correct - so now I would need to set affinity only once for entire gaming session and it won't get dropped until I logged to the server? Or it will be set to include all cores by default?
It will be set to include all cores by default.