Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: BARGE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Barges for Sale
Now is the time to own a bit of nostalgia.

The Staff has decided to put the Barge on the open market.

Seeing as the price is a staggering 150 million (150,000,000) credits. It will require the Admins to give you it and remove the cost of it from your Banks.

We will accept the cost of it in credits and/or Science Data (SD will be deemed to be 30,000 credits per unit).

You will need to make a Restart Ship with the required ID.

Use the following Template in a Player's Request to obtain one:

Code:
[b]Request for a Barge[/b]

[b]1. Name of your Ship to be transformed in to a Barge:[/b]

[b]2. The name of the ships holding the purchase fee and amount:[/b]
[b]a.[/b]
[b]b.[/b]
[b]c.[/b]
[b]d.[/b]
[b]e.[/b]
[b]f.[/b]
[b]g.[/b]

Notes:
- Your ID may preclude the purchase of a Barge.
- Barge cannot use cloaking devices.
- Barge cannot use Trade Lanes

(07-15-2021, 10:01 PM)aerelm Wrote: [ -> ]4.95.4 Update:
  • Players can now test the Barge in singleplayer:

1. Start a new singleplayer game
    2. Open the chatbox and enter these two commands:
      Code:
      b Cambrai
      cash 9999999999
    3. Buy a Barge from the ship dealer
    4. Use the base command again to move to your desired location:
      Code:
      b Manhattan
    • Note: Base names are case-sensitive, if you get a "Base not found" error make sure the right letters are capitalized.

• Barge owners can now request any of these ships to show up as moored on their Barge:

• "Stork" Civilian Train
    • "Mastodon" Liberty Train
    • "Shetland" Bretonia Train
    • "Colossus" Rheinland Train
    • "Ryuujin" Kusari Train
    • "Pachyderme" Gallia Train

This is a purely cosmetic option and doesn't impact handling or other stats of the ship.
What if said faction already owned said barge

And said admins forced it away from us.

Can I get a refund please,
Then I'll sign this.
It's nigh impossible to track stuff that happened nearly 10 years ago.
Good evening.

The Barge was removed by a prior Administration and was actually removed by the Devs, if my memory serves me correctly.

No refunds, as far as I am aware, were given when the Barge was turned in to the Civilian Carrier.

As for signing up to this, you don't have to do anything. If you don't want one, then don't purchase it.

We thought we would give people a chance at owning one, if they wanted to. Some people, previously, have shown an interest.
Very very cool
Also to confirm - even factions with "4300 max cargo" can buy and fly one correct?
Why a Restart ship? Why not Bargify a ship of your choice?

Some restart reps are pretty bad & opening up the rep sheet flying a Barge with
the whole Impulse Speed of 25 will be a right old pain, we'd need another 10 years
Skorak to put them back the way we had them in the first place.

Up the expensive nostalgia!
(06-10-2021, 08:27 PM)Relation-Ship Wrote: [ -> ]even factions with "4300 max cargo" can buy and fly one correct?
(06-10-2021, 06:16 PM)St.Denis Wrote: [ -> ]Note: Your ID may preclude the purchase of a Barge.

If your ID has any form of restriction (cargo limit, etc) which would conflict with owning a 30k transport on it, you'd need to SRP it as you would with any other ship that exceeds the limits of your ID (the SRP, even if successful, would not bypass the purchase fee of the Barge).

The only exception to this are the pre-existing Barges that were handed out as event rewards.

(06-10-2021, 08:41 PM)NOVA-5 Wrote: [ -> ]Why a Restart ship? Why not Bargify a ship of your choice?

Some restart reps are pretty bad & opening up the rep sheet flying a Barge with
the whole Impulse Speed of 25 will be a right old pain, we'd need another 10 years
Skorak to put them back the way we had them in the first place.
You can fix up your rep & navmap before requesting a Barge, but needing the ship itself to be a standard restart loadout is just to streamline the Bargifying process, since that'd be more consistent on the green side to conveniently edit without having to cross-check loadouts and double-check for conflicts, etc.
Thanks for re-considering the barge availability again even by that insane price! lol
I have a question, please if you don't mind Smile

As a space businessman Smile , I wanted to ask if also individuals can buy the offered barges.
Since some individuals like me, run massive logistic/fabrication business with POBs and barges would help...
Actually would help better if not flipped by NPCs.... by any way can an individual buy it to or only factions?
It'd be incredibly helpful to include other information on the Barge as well.
  • How many Type 1/2/3 mount slots
  • Cruise charge time
  • etc
15,000,000,000 is a big investment. I'm sure OF and Indies alike want to know exactly what they are getting into when sending a request to buy it.
The basic info-card stat sheet in my eyes isn't enough, especially for the BARGE.
(06-10-2021, 10:48 PM)Xenon Wrote: [ -> ]by any way can an individual buy it to or only factions?
This is not restricted to factions. Only requirements are the purchase fee and an eligible ID.

(06-11-2021, 01:14 AM)TheKusari Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure OF and Indies alike want to know exactly what they are getting into when sending a request to buy it.
The plan is to make it conveniently available for ingame testing through a singleplayer-only sellpoint, but that'll need some clientside tweaks which needs to be arranged and prepared. It'll hopefully be in the next patch so this should be a non-issue then, as that'd allow anyone interested to just make one in singleplayer and fly it around a bit to see why they dont actually want one how it handles and whether it'd actually be useful for them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12