Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Commiting system changes...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Ok, I'm interested in helping Discovery, but I'd like to ask before committing the changes and posting them in the System Submission forum. I have already checked the system submission guidelines, and I'd like to do the following:

A) Make various tradelanes, a BMM base and a BM base in the Edinburgh system. This would involve moving solars to stretch the system "south", make a tradelane section from Edinburgh > Leeds Jumpgate to Luxury Liner Shetland, a tradelane section from Edinburgh > Leeds Jumpgate to Perth Station, a tradelane section from Perth Station to BMM Station, and a tradelane that goes halfway through BMM Station to a jumpgate in construction (using the same tradelane models in Tau-23). At the end of this construction would lie a Jumpgate to the Orkney system and a BM base (a Battleship). Add an ambient on the new section compromised of BM, BP, Outcasts, IMG, BMM and BH. Add a jumphole south of Perth (Edinburgh > Orkney)**

B) Add a jumpgate east of Reunion (45K distance), and a BMM base next to the jumpgate. Add a ambient between Reunion and the BMM base compromised of Outcasts, BMM, IMG and BH. Add a jumphole to Edinburgh (Orkney > Edinburgh)** east of Egilsay. Add navigation buoys from Reunion to Languedoc's jumphole.

C) Changes in commodities inside Gallia: (I haven't tested these values, I'm not sure about them as I don't know how the values for the current commodities in Gallia were formulated. I'm just putting these values, as the current merchandise in Gallia buys and sells products that are too far away)

Gold:
- Planet Marne, Champagne for 9.490000
- Alesia Station. 8.820000 -- In comparison, Narita Outpost, New Tokio yields Gold for 8.932000 for the same amount of system jumps.
- Planet Nevers, Burgundy for 8.630000
- Gap Station, Dauphine for 7.130000
- Briancon Station, Daphine for 6.630000
- Nimes Station, Languedoc for 5.980000
- Planet Quillian, Languedoc for 5.700000

Mox: (Highly undervalued, perishable)
- Battleship Epinal, Lorraine for 10.20000
- Thionville Base, Lorraine for 10.50000
- Verdun Base, Lorraine for 10.12000
- Battleship Chaumont, Champagne for 9.90000
- Chalons-en-Champagne Station, Champagne for 9.80000
- Montmirail Base, Champagne for 9.71000
- Epernay Station, Champagne for 9.32000
- Joinville Base, Champagne for 9.91000
- Battleship Rocroi, Burgundy for 8.30000
- Battleship Beuvray, Burgundy for 8.90000
- Bourbon Base, Burgundy for 8.30000
- Battleship Embrun, Dauphine for 7.90000
- Montelimar Base, Dauphine for 7.70000
- Valence Base, Dauphine for 7.68000
- Battleship Guillestre, Dauphine for 7.30000
- Battleship Carcassonne, Languedoc for 6.20000

Optical Chips: (Highly undervalued)
- Planet Marne, Champagne for 25.490000
- Alesia Station. Champagne for 24.020000
- Planet Nevers, Burgundy for 22.630000
- Gap Station, Dauphine for 22.130000
- Briancon Station, Daphine for 20.630000
- Nimes Station, Languedoc for 18.980000
- Planet Quillian, Languedoc for 18.700000
I guess this deserves some backstory...

Maybe we could consider Bretonia losing power over the Tau systems... "Since Leeds is taking heavy fire from Tau-31, Tau-23 has been left isolated. The recent events of Gallia could give advantage to Bretonia and monopolize the safest Gallic backdoor... after all, isn't Orkney a Bretonian system? However, since the recent capture of Stokes, Bretonia has left all military units on their own territory, leaving BMM to undertake the task of taking care of themselves against the Outcasts and IMG."

Well I guess it's sort of credible. No military presence could insure a safe passage for smuggling Kusari and Bretonian lawfuls and unlawfuls alike into Gallia.
We, the brets, think this idea is cool.

We also think we deserve it, cause they, the KU, got Okinawa. Edinburgh is a Vanilla system, and only barely a conflict zone..if we're to expand (Liberty just got how much expansion, while gearing up for a war?) Edinburgh seems like a great place for it.

Gaia could use a Cryer orbital complex, as they're the blokes who're supposed to be exploring it. Orkney needs a bret presence, and Brets would go through Edinburgh to get it. Even if the lanes all start as projects, I think it would be a huge boon. actually, if they start as projects, and the bases start as depots, then expand over a few mods (but all get put in from ground zero) that would be awesome.
Well, Edinburgh's been around for a long time with very little development from Bretonia's perspective. Its the natural system to have construction projects - sheltered from the war, already has a planet under terraforming, and is the logical supply route to Bretonia's forces in Dundee, Tau 31 (harris is supplied by the Ed hole) and the newly discovered riches of Orkney. Hence it would be where BMM efforts were concentrated.

I doubt a direct route to Orkney this early would be justifiable in RP or in game terms, though no doubt Bowex and BMM are searching for one and may eventually come up with something. Instead I see Dundee as the logical choice for gate construction - the BPA border station is already there ready and waiting on the other side.

Trade lanes from the Leeds Gate to the Perth Station (which will be a trade lane to the Planet once terraforming is complete), unfinished trade lanes (at first) from there to a Bowex base near to the Tau 31 jump hole, which will be the supply depot for BAF convoys to Planet Harris on the other side, and then a trade lane from there to the upper right where a Dundee jump gate would be under construction. This places Islay in between the two gates, to deter traders from taking shortcuts and allow easy gaian raids on the lanes. To make things work Perth Station would need moving one square down and to the left, and the dublin hole should be moved a bit further out of the way to compensate. Similarly move the dundee and lewis holes up away from the new trade lane a bit, and have the dundee hole come out near the molly base on the other side, with the gate appearing next to the BPA station.
Worked up a couple images.
Edinburgh, current. (missing things I've not found with that character.)
[Image: Edinburg.jpg]

Proposal:
[Image: Edinburgpln.jpg]
This is an awesome idea.

I may be biased, but yeah, wow.
I have but a few nitpicks to point out.

Unseelie's proposal is flawed, it has a poor trade lane layout. The paths they create are not very direct. Considering how expensive a Trade Lane is, you want to be a precise as possible. If I were foing the system I would do this.

[Image: 2jfc6f7.jpg]

One lane straight to the Terraforming planet, another straight to Gaia, and then from Gaia to the new Orkney Jump Gate. That way the only JH that would need re-arranging is the lewis jumphole.

Edit: Perhaps change the system scale a little so that the Gaia base is that close to the lane.
The intention was to avoid Gaia, as it is a preserve. We don't -want- easy access to it.
Avoid Gaia? And spend how much extra in TL parts? Its not like the surface will become a free-for-all, and I doubt any government would spend billions just to avoid a planetary orbit.
As I stated, a jump gate to Dundee would make more sense at this stage, leaving room for an Orkney one later in the top left.

Unselie's map opens a wider area of the system to use, wheras now it is mostly empty with objects being clustered in the middle. Slicing a tradelane past gaia would add to this problem of not using the space, and would be objectionable to those who value gaia's isolation.

Directness of trade lanes is not what we want - we want them to avoid gaia and islay. Speeding up trade is not the main motivation behind this construction - it is BAF supply of Tau and Dundee. There are no trade routes to Dundee.

Also, your map appears innacurate - you have the Dundee jump hole in the wrong location.
Pages: 1 2 3 4