Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 4.95.0 Patch 4 - Cruiser rework
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Discovery 4.95.0 Patch 4

CRUISER REWORK

For the past few years, the cruiser class has been largely overshadowed by battlecruisers. The cruiser rework aims to remedy this by giving the class a new, more defined role.

Their handling has been reworked from the ground up: the ships have far more weight to them, both in straight line acceleration and deceleration, as well as turning characteristics. They now also have more powerful thrusters, allowing them to go much faster than before, if only for a short time. In addition, their weapon roster has been expanded with new heavy-slot weapons - in addition to their weapons getting a general balance pass - with an emphasis on forward firepower.

Combined, this gives the cruiser class a new role as highly mobile capital ships with very powerful, if risky-to-use weapons that allow them to punch well above their own weight class.

Last but not least, faction identity was the deciding factor while rebalancing the stats of all cruisers. For example, the Corsair cruiser excels at offense, having the largest powercore in the class, while the Rheinland cruiser has stronger armour and better shielding at the cost of maneuverability.

ARMOR UPGRADE REBALANCE

With new armor balance, CAU6, 7 and 8 will have the same HP multiplier - x4.0, the only difference is the cargo space they occupy: CAU6 - 300, CAU7 - 250 and CAU8 - 190 cargo. Heavy Armor Upgrades now also follow a similar pattern with x3.0 HP multiplier: HAU3 - 170, and HAU4 - 150 cargo. CAU5 taking up 190 cargo and offering x3.8 HP multiplier.

Finally, the Universal Armor Upgrade has been reworked too - it no longer takes up any cargo space and provides x2.5 armor multiplier just for $2500.

NEW SHIPS
[Image: jwl8DxL.png]
  • Civilian "Grouse" Armored Transport
  • Border World "Armadillo" Armored Transport
  • Gallic "Aubrac" Transport
  • Gallic "Kouprey" Battletransport
  • Rheinland "Grendel" Blackmarket Transport
  • Xeno "Aggressor" Bomber
  • Xeno "Rebel" Very Heavy Fighter
INSURGENCY BATTLESHIP RESIZE

The Insurgency "Arbiter" Battleship has received a model change and stats adjustment -- now this battleship is expected to become a dangerous opponent on the battlefield. The ship's gun placements have been improved considerably, while the ship itself is significantly smaller - roughly the size of a Liberty "Atlantis" Carrier.

STORY PROGRESSION

Cologne -- The Rheinland Military had succeeded in uprooting the Red Hessian presence on and around Planet Saarbrucken. However, the sacrifice of Tholey Station, that was weaponized by the Hessians and destroyed in combat for control over orbit of the planet, gave them a chance to withdraw remaining forces from Cologne. With the system becoming relatively safe, EFL Oil and Machinery and Ageira Technologies have started preliminary works each on their segment of the trade lane network to restore the connection between Rheinland and Gallia.

[Image: vpr2DtE.png]

Omega-3 -- A terrorist attack has struck Aland Shipyard, which was Intended to be auctioned off to a favorably inclined third party following a decline of importance as operations moved to Portsmouth. The plans would neither be finalized nor come to fruition as the shipyard would be struck by the worst incident of sabotage to date. Station overrides were engaged to run the reactor at emergency output, while also sealing the towers responsible for venting the pungent byproduct. The resulting systems failure made it impossible to rectify before the effects became station-wide, at which point an explosive device was triggered. As a result of its direct impact being coupled with the pervasive amount of toxic smog, the explosion ripped much of the shipyard inside out during operational hours, producing a substantial deathtoll of hundreds. The damage is so thorough and extensive that there is little utility to any considerations of repair or reactivation. Though BMM has not yet made any move to comment on the incident, the Mollys have passionately taken credit for the destruction of this formerly independent asset.

CREDITS

Dev Leads: , , , , ,
Developers: , , , , , . . . . ,
Models: , , ,
thanks a lot, esp. the baffin stuff. :-)
unfortunatetly the serverlist is empty :-(
The server is currently updating. It will be up shortly
Any news about resizing the physical barge ship size and enhancements for it yet?
Thank you all who worked on this patch, I appreciate your efforts, and time spent Smile
An amazing amount of work has been done by a substantial number of people. Well done and thanks to you, developers and modelers. Appreciated.
Please, rework the nomad cruiser, it got zero capacity for bots.

Thanks!
(07-16-2021, 05:02 AM)Brunors95 Wrote: [ -> ]Please, rework the nomad cruiser, it got zero capacity for bots.

Thanks!

It is supposed to be so. Now you have larger hull but nanobots cannot be used
I expected BC's to be nerfed so the Cruisers can peak out again, simply cuz the smaller capitals like BC and CR are the prime power in raids, Battleships will be foreshadowed. Battleships will become nothing more than just tools, targets to exists as should i say. Battleships will do good only against other Battleships, i think it is time to upgrade the Light BS's with their own weapons which will give real Hard time for the BC an CR pilots, move the gatling code to the secondary slots, or at least increase their power cores cuz the smaller caps eat them alive. Also, make the Osiris and the Murmillo second heavy weapon to turn forward and backwards like the 1st heavy slot. Kinda unfair, cuz all of the other Light BS's has their heavies shooting both ways.

Anyway... Thank you for the patch.
GROUSE
"Ah yes" let me whine more, bad devs bad game bad patch because I am the one trying to make game alive ah yes

Aside, I really appreciate Dev team and contributors for making such a good update changes are awesome, I am grateful for all efforts, innovation which makes game active
p.s: gib Storm cannon buff

[Image: IrePBMZ.png]
Pages: 1 2 3