Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gunboat Missiles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
After flying Gunboats for some time in .85 I would like to see GB missile turning increased. These are supposed to be the very best GB v Fighter weapons, yet 9/10 times they miss completely. Yes, I know, some of that is due to lag, but when 1 shot drains that much of your firepower it really really hurts when it doesn't hit.

A small bump to agility/turning/whatever would make them much more useful for GBs stated purpose, to destroy fighters and bombers.
Mmmh.. I'm not sure they need that, but I would like to see power consumption reduced. I'm not saying lower it to 4.84 levels, but it does seem awful high at the minute.
Not only that, but GBs need a buff in general. When a single GB can't take out a pair of novice fighters, there's something wrong with one of two things:

-The ship

or

-The pilot

Now, this particular ship I've used in the past (4.84) and, with a Manta and an Eagle, taken down three GBs, two fighters, and four bombers. The pilot is not at fault here.

Loadout on the ship (unchanged from 4.84):

-5x GB Solaris
-2x GB Pulse Cannon
-1x GB Forward Gun (Liberty)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now on to missiles.

I've got an OC GS (not flown in a while, but I -do- have one) that's got one GB Pulse Cannon, one GB Missile, and the rest OC GS turrets. I hit perhaps 1 in 5 shots with the missile.
This'd be nice. I was almost perfected by two Titans because my darn rogue gunboat doesn't like to hit people. I ended up trying to snipe them with my BRs to much more success, but by then it was a bit too late.
I havent beeen active much lately but I have to rasie doubts, a GB should use mostly guns to disable a fighter not relentless missile spam. I do not own a gunboat, but I do own plenty of fighters, only the other day I was pursued by 2 gunboats and a fighter against me in my puny fighter thinking to myself I cannot even damage 1 of these Gunboats solo.

So no sorry Mwerte I'm against this, Gunboats were abused in .85 and I think they are strong enough.
Missiles work very well against bombers currently, especially on agile gunboats. If they were boosted more... I don't know. Maybe suggest some values to the Dev team and get them to do some testing?
When you can't even turn round, how are you supposed to shoot your primarily forward facing guns? It's not like everyone's flying 4.84 corsair gunboats that could shoot all 8 turrets ANYWHERE. I can shoot backwards with two turrets, and that's where the fighter/bombers sit.

And no, I can't engine kill, because they TCD it.

I'm not saying I want to destroy anything I come up against, but I fight transports in a bomber and a VHF that do more damage to me than my gunboat can manage.
You're in a heavy gunboat. Unfortunately for you, that means you aren't as effective against fighters and bombers than the smaller gunboats. If gunboat missiles were boosted for corsair and rheinland gunboats to easily combat bombers in their blind spots, then imagine how better they'd be on smaller gunboats like the Gunships and the Kusari gunboat.

Edit: sorry, I confused myself there. I thought you were in a corsair gunboat... The Rogue gunboat is quite agile and small. I don't know what to say if the rogue gunboat can't use them well...
Then at least boost certain gunboats that can't do much of anything. E.g. OC GS and Lib GB.

Both are too weak to do much, in my experience.
I just think missiles should take less energy to fire, right now they're far too demanding on smaller gunboats.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5