Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hi from Ricochu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been playing for a few days and decided to jump on here and check the forums out, still scoping the place out and discovering how the RP works but so far so good. Been years since I've played Freelancer and enjoying the return :-)

Not 100% certain how the whole factions system works, as in do we just need to get the ID in game or do we also need to also apply for it in the forums here?
Basically if you want to join a specific faction with other players you will need to apply to that faction, but if you just want to fly yourself just use a faction Indie ID.

Best advice I can give is to understand the game more before you apply to factions or just as I say use the Indie ID of whichever one you like.

Good luck.
(07-24-2021, 10:13 PM)James Horatio Creed Wrote: [ -> ]Basically if you want to join a specific faction with other players you will need to apply to that faction, but if you just want to fly yourself just use a faction Indie ID.

Best advice I can give is to understand the game more before you apply to factions or just as I say use the Indie ID of whichever one you like.

Good luck.

Sounds like clans with players based around the factions of the game which are an optional extra, nice.

Yeah I think I'll just use a faction ID until I have more time in the server. Thanks
(07-25-2021, 03:35 AM)Ricochu Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2021, 10:13 PM)James Horatio Creed Wrote: [ -> ]Basically if you want to join a specific faction with other players you will need to apply to that faction, but if you just want to fly yourself just use a faction Indie ID.

Good luck.

Sounds like clans with players based around the factions of the game which are an optional extra, nice.

Yeah I think I'll just use a faction ID until I have more time in the server. Thanks

It is not like a clan. You can join different factions at once. Even if they are hostile to each other.
Some do even consider that as a good habbit. Since you have understanding of the characters
you are fighting. You just have to remind that the knowlegde of the character is not your knowlegde.
You must seperate yourself from your character. Else it would be called metagaming.

regards
That's quite cool then, so you can have multiple characters that are 100% independent of each other.
(07-26-2021, 01:41 AM)Ricochu Wrote: [ -> ]That's quite cool then, so you can have multiple characters that are 100% independent of each other.

Yes! I have some charactes independent of each other for ex: I have an officer of the Navy and I have an android ^^'
But welcome and have fun here. Don't forget to ask questions if you need.
(07-26-2021, 01:41 AM)Ricochu Wrote: [ -> ]That's quite cool then, so you can have multiple characters that are 100% independent of each other.

Yes, that's how it's meant to be. Literally not you as a player is joining a faction,
instead your character is joining it. Most factions want to have an application post
from him/her. So simply choose a faction you like, think about a proper character
for it and post an application. Most factions have shared ships which are ready
to use for you and they have some billions of credits. So don't waste your time
with stupid grinding, instead do role play who you want.

regards