Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New website?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found this website template which I think someone with some free time and creativity could make good use of for Discovery.

A particular demo page I personally like - https://next-gen.webflow.io/games/strategy
That is amazing, and i can help if needed Smile
Honestly, I think Disco's main Landing Page (i.e https://discoverygc.com/) is fine. It works properly on mobile and desktop, and it looks nice. The forums are what's really in need of modernization, and the demo page you linked isn't exactly a forum template.
Its quite simple to make landing page, so no point to use pre existed(not to mention most of templates is a mess in both html and css aka not using stuff like BEM) . And yeah, current index page pretty neat.
I agree with BASEFlow. The way it is right now is fine. Without new players there's really no point. We all know how it looks by now and who would we really be changing it for?

I want that newsletter thing to go out.. See an influx of people then consider cosmetic changes
(07-27-2021, 03:51 PM)Selken Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with BASEFlow. The way it is right now is fine. Without new players there's really no point. We all know how it looks by now and who would we really be changing it for?

I want that newsletter thing to go out.. See an influx of people then consider cosmetic changes

IMO the landing page is only useful for new people, they are the only ones to ever visit it.
That is if they are linked there from somewhere, like mod pages, reddit or other propagation sources.
In that point of view yes, it should capture attention. But it also should lead to somewhere to bring the player in the game. Pictures are nice, but maybe some videos? Not sure if new template is what it needs though.

For us existing players the only useful thing on that page is link to forum, because forum is where it is all at.