Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Slavery, Slaves & Slave Liners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, i am using the Slave Liner and i have a few suggestions for some upgrades.

-The turrets-

I think the Slave Liner turrets are way too weak. They are somewhat like the Level 2 Transport turrets, but with 100m range less. I think the following should be changed:

=more damage, some extra range in expense of energy (it would be good to make them so energy-hungry, that only the slave liner and prison liner can use them effectively)

=the model used now is VERY odd - they are light grey, they dont fit well enough on the dark textured slave liner. Maybe replace the models with the BS Liberty Missle turret? They are darker and look more aged and old, fitting the liner good.

=the projectile model is same as the cerberus...i think it would be nice to use the Rheinland Gunboat Forward Gun animation, it looks more frightening and fits to the scary vision of the Slave Liner. Or, use the corsair turret red animation, it fits well too.

-The armor-

=i think it could use some more, since slavers will be hunted down on sight, maybe some extra 10,000 or 20,000 armor could improve chances of survival....

-OR-

=some extra bots/bats for the long travels, slaves must be brought all the way to malta...

-OR-

=a slightly increased cargo hold, would at least improve profits and the thrill of getting shot at...the slave liner is used strictly for trading living flesh, so it cant make the Pirate Train obsolete.

Lets upgrade it a bit, its a unique ship and while it has many restrictions on it, we need to give it some slight bonus to survival:)
All this stuff is great but have you forgot about the RP of the slave liner? The RP states it is an old, outdated transport, which all these things fit in perfectly with. But in terms of balance some changes might be required and with that I turn it over to someone who know more on the topic.
All i proposed is in no conflict with what you just said. :)
-Yes, its old, and the turret models need to look older too.
-And the color of the fire projectile would be better if it was red, for example.
-The high energy requirements would also suggest that the technology is old and unusable for any other ship nowadays, and the damage just needs to be higher.
-Maybe the armor increase was a bad idea, better make it carry more bots/bats, that way its more expensive to operate with;)

Up for it?
I think the increase in armor conflicted, I like the idea of upping the bots/bats much better though.

As for the weapons I think they would not have more damage according to the RP of the ship.

I also think the effect is good as the Cerberus is a slightly older weapon now, but a color change would be ok, maybe more of a sickly yellow, to imply it was an off brand civvy version.

As for the turret model if it doesnt look old, yeah, should be changed, in the Dev's free time...
Uh the slave liner is already awesome combat-wise. With a cap armour upgrade you're essentially a pretty long gunboat. They definitely don't need to be better.

However the turrets could definitely look better. And at least be as good as the better transport turrets, then more people would use them. Since they only come with the slave liner, they could be balanced just for that ship, too.
Heres my two cents on the slave liner:

1) Turrets could use an aesthetic change, yes.
2) Projectile could also use an aesthetic change I dont want to steal my favorite factions thunder But the Xeno gun styling for the cerb bolt might look exceptionally evil.

The Slave Liner, as I understand it, was built around the concept that it would be used as a vessel that worked to acquire slaves. A rarely encountered vessel flown by Slavers that would strike phear into the heart of passing transports laden with VIPs etc.

That notion has been replaced with one of being a hardened generic Junker transport, which is its most common utilization today. I can hardly undock without running into two of them.

Now. I think that the vessel is robust enough for its purpose, from my humble experience. However I do feel that the guns could use a boost.

Before anyone begins to cry that, if the guns were given a boost, that people would simply acquire them for their other vessels Not so much. People were smacked down for employing Mars Flyer kit on other vessels, the same could easily be applied to Slave turrets.

Secondly, to be fair, if someone bought a slave liner for the turrets and then slapped them onto his Train Those would be some extremely expensive turrets.

But here comes the question with the turrets themselves. If the vessel is to be thought as something equipped to handle the decimation of other transports to gobble up their sweet sweet human cargo, what would be most appropriate?

Heavy hitting class 1s with additional range? Additional power? Ultra short range with devastating destructive potential?

Otherwise people will (and do) simply sell them at first opportunity to grab something thats actually useful, which rather negates the point.
Yes, i agree with all of you:)So here's what we propose:

-older-looking turrets, with a new animation (red or maybe yellow-civvy looking)
-more bots/bats, maybe change the armor from 220,000 to 200,000 but with 100 or 150 more bots/bats
-increase of energy requirements of the turrets, as well as range improvement, damage is ok for now:)the goal is to make the turrets usable only on liners and they have to be good enough to use, else people will replace them with the transport turrets, and that is OORP
slave liner is fine as it is now... you can legaly use transport turrets and armor with cap armor is eqal to armor of cruiser... imo enough

But....but you are missing the point:mellow:why should we use standart transport turrets, there are ALREADY custom turrets for that unique ship...:mellow:they just need some adjustments...it needs to strike fear in the hearts of passing transports, not look exactly like them! We already have green and blue transport turrets....i think its time we editted the slave liner turrets and make them RED or YELLOW, different looking. Even if the armor stays the same, its fine - but the turrets definetely need to remain usable and to make them be usable, we need to change something in them....range/damage/energy/speed AND how they look.:)
personally, I love my Slave Liner, since I turned the Heavy Metal Queen into a Slave Liner, she's gone from my least used character to my most used character.

now then.

I agree that the Slave Liner turrets could use a bit of a boost, and a change to a red projectile for them would be utterly awesome.

Really, other than that though, slap some Transport Turrets on her, and a good shield, and she is a beautiful beast.
Pages: 1 2