Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Coalition battleship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[img][/img]Hi guys, we've all seen the intro of freelancer and love the game to this day.

In my opinion the coalition is a pretty cool faction with ships that look interesting. The coalition warships in the intro always looked nice to me.
I own a coalition battlecruiser because it's the closest thing in terms of look. But... it's not really the same is it?

I'm just here to say I'd like to see more of a replica in game. Having those mean looking forward guns like in the intro and the more thicc Smile look because the battlecruiser is quite slim. Also all players should be able to buy it, not just the SCRA for example
What do you guys think? Yay or nay? Share your thoughts.

Cheers.

[Image: MyiO69a]
The Coalition have a carrier already, although I do agree that the BC isn't close enough or really a great model in general, it has a very 'stiff' design to it.

Not that it would make much sense to copy 1:1 the intro assets anyway, they are 800+ years old.

The Coalition indie ID makes mention of restrictions of flight for Battleships, can you not fly it? Or is it ID locked?
(08-21-2021, 03:01 PM)Kauket Wrote: [ -> ]The Coalition have a carrier already, although I do agree that the BC isn't close enough or really a great model in general, it has a very 'stiff' design to it.

Not that it would make much sense to copy 1:1 the intro assets anyway, they are 800+ years old.

The Coalition indie ID makes mention of restrictions of flight for Battleships, can you not fly it? Or is it ID locked?

I do not know of the restrictions but the carrier is a roleplay asset for the official faction and not for everyone. the intro asset is 800 years old yes but a modernised version would make sense. "Worked back then, might work here" and some pride that comes with it. I remember the fighter line being a copy first. I think the roleplay can justify it.

Cheers
you can buy Tempest its not restricted anymore only to OF
Coal indie id have restriction only to zoi where you can fly ships bigger than gb
(08-21-2021, 03:11 PM)Gregor Hansen Wrote: [ -> ]you can buy Tempest its not restricted anymore only to OF
Coal indie id have restriction only to zoi where you can fly ships bigger than gb

That's nice to hear. Will take a look later. What are your thought on a battleship looking like one from the intro? Smile
I think the new ship not gonna save Coalition or make this game player base bigger.
+Not sure if we really need BS since in lore we use the strike and run tactic.

I'm saying it as the leader of Coalition