Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Base Destruction Missions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Recently, while repfixing a couple of my ships, I noticed that flying base destruction missions just seemed a lot easier than they should have been. Personally, I think they need buffed a bit, but I put in the above poll to see what everyone else thinks about them.

It seems to me that they should be the type of mission tailored to a bomber or cap pilot. Problem is, the bases are so fragile that they fall apart from a Starfleas engine wake. In FLStat, the mission base objects are listed under the ship tab, and have the same types of stats as any other ship. That leads me to think they can be edited like any other ship. They should be shielded, have stronger hulls, and be able to shoot back. Basically, they should be a right pain in the backside if you're not flying a bomber or capital ship.

Anyway, what does everyone else think? I'd be especially interested to hear from someone on the dev team on whether not it's possible or desirable to do something like this.
I understand your point, but I know from guard-repping that base-destroying missions are in my view, a bit of a blessing.

I personally would like there to be two tiers of these missions. The current, super easy, and some ultra difficult ones. With a clear ability to choose between them
*grins* I got my Cryer Tag/ID in a Mastadon doing basekill missions in Cambridge.

In other words, a ship with one transport turret that only fires backwards.

Basekill missions can be a royal blessing. Theyre quick and easy to accomplish for the mostpart, when you can secure those that eschew the necessity to kill annoying jumpy fighters in favor of simply blowing up a weak, stationary object that has little ability to defend itself, well, its rather nice for getting that rep to skyrocket.

HOWEVER. There is no greater candidate for high payoff missions that these bases.

I would imagine it possible to create basekill missions worth considerable sums that involve truly imposing edifices of destructive potential. Stations with mortars, flak, missiles, the whole nine yards. Sure you they could be rather simple to fool, but you could make it tough to blow the dang things up, with lots of annoying fighter support to boot.

So as much as I lurve my simple basekill missions they really do seem to be the best candidates for upgrade in terms of credits/teamwork.
I would love to see some that a cap is REQUIRED to complete. Kinda like BS missions are now.
Well, imagine in your minds eye a mission that spawns enemy gunboats, bombers and fighters of multiple stripes, surrounding a base with shields and substantial armor and armament.

Bring in your battleship to mop it up and youre looking for a oneway ticket to respawn city. However, bring in your battleship and a wing of support ships and maybe youll make it out of there in one piece with enough credits to share the wealth with the team, everyone wins and everyones happy.

Now imagine for super happy funtime that you order the mission in Gamma and it spawns in Eta, now you get to play with any Outcasts who respond ^^.

BUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Yeah I guard repped my hussar yesterday. Without base killing missions I would have completed a mission to kill myself out of boredom.

Yeah they're way too easy, but missions are boring and I hate them, and easy = short.
I like Dusty's vision...

What I think Base Kill missions (at least in the non-Newbie-friendly systems) should be is a massive endeavor with everything. High-armor bases with assorted high-power weaponry, and cap defenses. Which would be the place to see them, defending an installation (instead of on normal missions). You can get the whole faction out and make a boatload with a battle that's actually a bit of a challenge.
If you have to raise the difficulty of Base destruct missions, you can do it for all, but for one: Please don't make destroying KSP stations harder. For GC (from Ainu), it is the best way to get yourself the rep without the need to kill those insane KSP Drakes.....
Else than that, do with it what you want.
Dusty's idea is made of Boss and Win.

This gets Boss' Seal of Approval:

[Image: approved.png]
I also like Dusty's idea. Kinda similar to what I had in mind, but Dusty's idea is a lot better. It might even give factions something to do when members of opposing factions aren't about.
Pages: 1 2 3