Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Unmounted engine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have played Freelancer long ago and wanted to return to the old classic, but am new to Discovery. I am trying to play Discovery on a private multiplayer server, and I have an issue with ship engines randomly dismounting rendering me unable to move. This occured multiple times, either when I exit the game in open space and load back in later, or when the game kicks me out of the server.

Sometimes when enemies appear the game boots me out and when I load back in the server my ship engine is unmounted and since I am in space I can't move at all because of it. There are no bad connection signs or anything prior to getting kicked out, it happens suddenly and only in combat, I did very long cargo hauls with no issues.

If I load my character while docked on a station, the engine is also always unmounted, but at least I can mount it right away in that case.

Is this a known bug? Any help would be appreciated.
What's your character name? Maybe an admin can check your player file, see if its triggering anticheat.

And this happens on all ships you have, yeah?
I am not playing on the Discovery RP 24/7 server, this is on a separate private multiplayer server, but we are using the Discovery mod, and it happens for other people on the server too, and for any ship.
Oh sorry I misread your post.

Never particularly had this bug, but you have to ensure both the clients + server are not modified.

It could be the server's anticheat detection. Goto the console on flserver, and pause the plugin "playercntl"

Test it afterwards, if it works, its probably because something is mismatching.
Ok we will try that, thank you very mutch! Smile