Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: iGPU to dGPU is possible? Laptop Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a little to concern.

I have an ASUS ROG Laptop (nothing special)

i7-7700HQ + Intel HD 630 Graphics + Nvidia 1050Ti + 16Gb RAM + W10 21H1 19043.1320 with FP 120.2212.3920.0

Is there a way to force the discovery game to run on dedicated graphics instead of the integrated? ...
I did literally everything you can imagine, force it in Nvidia Control Panel, Intel Graphics Command Center or even the Old Intel Graphics Panel too, did the setting on the Windows Graphics Settings by putting the Launcher, the Game.exe and some probably files could be using to High Performance ... well , almost everything i can imagine ...

Is there a way to set-up in the Nvidia card instead of the Intel Card (I get really graphic laggy in battles)

I heard DX8 Games cannot run on the Nvidia Card, but ... is there a real way to make it work? ... or is a death-end case for this?
It's not a gravedigging but using d3d8to9 (download latest from the "Release" section, unzip and just put a d3d8.dll in ./exe/) and applying "High Performance" mode to the game in the Control Panel helps. At least it helped on my RTX 3050 (laptop one).

In case if you experiencing half-vsync (your fps is cut in half of your screen refresh rate or you just want to set maximum allowed fps) - use rivatuner statistics server. Latest one (7.3.3 at the moment of post) of course. it comes solo from the link before - just download, install, launch, check to launch with windows, uncheck fps counter if you don't need it and set max framerate to 155 and have it like this (set to 144 because its my maximum screen refresh rate)