Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: » LH~ Leadership
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 9urGfE0.png]
Section 8

Sender ID: Hawkins
Receiver ID: Lane Hacker Leadership
Encryption: Fortress

"Safe harbor"

To whom it may concern, this is Captain Hawkins of the Unto Nightfall.

Section 8 - an Order constituent cell - has assets deployed to Liberty and the bordering independent systems to observe alien activity in the region. Viable ports within this area are scarce, which is why I would like to request permission for our units to use Lane Hacker facilities for safe harbor, refueling, and resupply for the duration of our operations within and around Libertonian space.

Should you require anything in return, please inform me.

Hawkins, out.

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Deceiver.Mr.Ling.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 138a.png][Image: 3.png]
[Image: 10i.png][Image: 20i.png][Image: 30i.png][Image: 43i.png]

Greetings, Captain Hawkins.

My name is Mr. Ling, or just Ling if you're in a hurry. For what it's worth, I don't think you'll find much alien activity out here, but given the role that Liberty played back in 800, your presence is as welcome as it ever was. Feel free to apply for our job board using our diplomatic channel, if you wish. We do hope your stay is as enjoyable as possible, and that whatever work you need to do here is done well. The last that I personally heard about alien activity was from a separate group of Order agents, who talked a lot about Cortez, but I haven't seen anything there firsthand.

For our bases, we do ask that you follow some ground rules:

|} Firstly, refrain from going into restricted areas on the bases. Many of them run high voltages for our equipment, and can seriously injure or kill people without proper training and equipment.

|} Secondly, please do not use weaponry outside of specifically marked training areas. Most people on the base use Cardamine, and secondhand aerosolized Cardamine poses a significant fire hazard when presented with high-power heat sources like plasma and laser fire.

|} Lastly, if you are being hunted by hostile forces, please avoid using the base as refuge until after the forces have retreated, died, or you have escaped pursuit, or if it is a dire emergency. Giving hostile forces clear targets to our bases is detrimental to our continued survival.

We don't require anything in particular, however, since the watchful eye of the Order is here, I do have some questions. Another, lets call them a "branch", of the Order has left us with some unanswered questions. I don't expect you to have any kind of information on what other branches of the Order do, but we've had issues with not one, but two Order vessels in the hands of people attempting to attach past-tense verbiage to our operatives. Given the name scheme, we find it safe to assume that there's another two we have yet to see out there. Let me reiterate that I don't expect a transaction record or the like, but any information on what exactly is going on would be greatly appreciated.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
Section 8

"RE: Safe harbor"

Mr. Ling,

I would like to express my gratitude for your hospitality. Your rules will of course be followed closely.

As for the Order vessels in Libertonian hands - I am afraid we do not possess any knowledge of how they came to be there. Judging by their callsigns - indicating research and development -, they may either be reverse-engineered models or recovered wrecks. I will gladly look into the matter and report back to you should I discover their exact origins.

Hawkins, out.

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Deceiver.Mr.Ling.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 138b.png][Image: 3.png]
[Image: 10i.png][Image: 20i.png][Image: 30i.png][Image: 43i.png]

Thank you for the reassurance. We'll redouble our efforts to figure out what's going on with those on our end, and hopefully this out-of-place ship problem will be resolved soon. If you have a need of information or reconnaissance data, feel free to ask us. Do be aware, though, there's some data that has a hefty price tag attached, even after markdowns for our allies. We do have a market to maintain, after all.

Also, I'm sure this goes without saying, but for documentation purposes, I'm certain that we're welcome to your bases in the same way that you are welcome to ours?

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
Section 8

"RE: Safe harbor"

Mr. Ling,

Order bases outside of the Omicrons are available for use by LH~ Lane Hackers, with the understanding, of course, that you avoid detection on approach and do not risk compromising their locations. For access to facilities within the Omicrons, I must refer you to the regulations maintained and enforced by the Overwatch. Should there be any issues with the latter, Section 8 will gladly vouch for you.

Hawkins, out.