Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rheinland Mining Ship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an ALG ID'd and IFF Kaiser mining ship. Turrets are set up correctly. The drop for Regular Scrap and Toxic waste is 4.0. Yet it is terrible on both. It seems to be 4-5 times slower to load than if you used a Ragnar to mine the same amount. Is this normal? If it is then it is a waste of time and the Kaiser becomes a valueless ship.

Ideas?
(11-23-2021, 09:01 PM)DSE|-CEO Wrote: [ -> ]I have an ALG ID'd and IFF Kaiser mining ship. Turrets are set up correctly. The drop for Regular Scrap and Toxic waste is 4.0. Yet it is terrible on both. It seems to be 4-5 times slower to load than if you used a Ragnar to mine the same amount. Is this normal? If it is then it is a waste of time and the Kaiser becomes a valueless ship.

Ideas?

Ships, not only IDs, have certain ore's and ID's they work with, and doesnt.

This might be an oversight, but i do not think the Kaiser is meant to mine those substances, hence you get barely any drop.
freighters naturaly mine faster than transports, otherwise everyone mine in transports and fill up in a couple minutes
(11-23-2021, 09:12 PM)Prysin Wrote: [ -> ]This might be an oversight, but i do not think the Kaiser is meant to mine those substances, hence you get barely any drop.

Good point. I checked and says it is compatible.

ALG Waste Disposal
Uranium Ore (3.0)
Premium Scrap (3.0)
Military Salvage (3.0)
Scrap Metal (4.0)
Toxic Waste (4.0)
Compatible Ships: Surveyor, Scraper, Arrastra, Spatial, Ragnar, Behemoth, Kaiser, Hegemon
(11-23-2021, 09:18 PM)Lusitano Wrote: [ -> ]freighters naturaly mine faster than transports, otherwise everyone mine in transports and fill up in a couple minutes
Yes, what you have written is a valid point. Never-the-less the Kaiser is so slow to mine to fill up with Scrap or Toxic Waste. 100 shots dropped 660 Toxic Waste in 3 minutes. 200 shots dropped 1293 units in 5min 45 secs. About 6.5 units a shot. About 14 minutes to fill the Kaiser 2750 units. 25 minutes to mine enough for a 5k train.
Seems there was a little oversight and Kaiser didnt have an active bonus on Toxic Waste.

Should be fixed after tomorrow's daily restart.
(11-24-2021, 11:10 AM)aerelm Wrote: [ -> ]Seems there was a little oversight and Kaiser didnt have an active bonus on Toxic Waste.

Should be fixed after tomorrow's daily restart.

Just to confirm: Tests done on ALG ID with scrap metal and toxic waste and is now working correctly. TY.
I note the Hegemon on a DSE ID (not official) is getting about a 12 unit/drop for premium scrap. I don't know if that is correct or not, or even if you get more per drop for a smaller mining ship.

Deep Space Engineering (DSE)
Pristine Ice (3.0) *
Premium Scrap (3.0)
Compatible Ships: Surveyor, Scraper, Arrastra, Spatial, Camara, Anki, Rhino, Hegemon
Scrap Metal (3.5)
Toxic Waste (3.5)
Compatible Ships: Surveyor, Scraper, Arrastra, Spatial, Camara, Anki, Rhino, Mammoth, Hegemon

* 4.0 on official DSE) ID