Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: S8, Captain Hawkins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 6HyBIvt.gif]

[Image: SoOjLxq.gif]
RECIPIENT: Hawkins/S-8
PRIORITY: High
SUBJECT: VINCENT ABRAMS/RIDGE
FREQUENCY: Encrypted External

Senor,

The Commodore (while good with his intentions) can be a very difficult man to influence when he sees momentum in his plans.

Let's keep the discussion regarding capturing Abrams here, more general reports can be filed to HQ as you have been doing. Let me worry about convincing the higher-ups to trust in our ability to handle this.

I've tried to reason with mister Abrams before being cut off by hostiles that came to his rescue, I was nearly killed by them. He may be naive in his belief that he can stop whatever great plan is unfolding in Kepler. But I think he may also see my side of the catastrophe, I asked him to return back to Omicron Mu. If he decides to do so, Overwatch personnel will fall back entirely to keep tabs on him and whatever landslide follows him to Mu. You will be left to keep tabs on the situation in Kepler.

If not, well, then I'll have to take a more aggressive measure to ensure he comes home.

11.25.828, 18:27
Signed: Captain L. Marquez
[Image: 9urGfE0.png]
Section 8

Sender ID: Hawkins
Receiver ID: Marquez
Encryption: Fortress

"Re: Vincent Abrams/Ridge"

Captain Marquez,

It is disappointing to learn that your first attempt to gather Abrams failed. I had hoped that Revenant's at least temporary removal from the equation would provide an opportunity, but it seems that this may have backfired. The hit was only a partial success, injuring but not killing them. This seems to have angered their associates, including one of the Liberty Rogues' bosses, Hemlocke.

Further, I have reason to doubt that there is any way to convince him to come of his own volition. For reasons that may differ from his stated interest in preventing a Sentinel incursion into house space, Abrams will most likely do anything in his power to evade capture by the Order.

Odds are that future attempts to detain him will prove even more difficult. Further opposition from his and Revenant's associates will need to be expected. Section 8 will provide assistance in any way it can.

Hawkins, out.

SUBJECT: VINCENT ABRAMS/RIDGE

Senora?

I'm sorry if I called you incorrectly before, I was not aware. Secrecy and all.

Vincent Abrams is safely on Akabat, I will make living arrangements for him before transferring him to a more secure facility to continue his research and development on whatever he had in mind prior to us extracting him. I will keep you informed of whatever information he provides us. Stay safe in Kepler, nomad sightings are on the rise and we were openly attacked near Ouray yesterday.

11.28.828, 21:55
Section 8

"Re: Vincent Abrams/Ridge"

Captain Marquez,

Very well done. Keep a close watch on Abrams and his Xeno companion. The former may withhold valuable information about the nature of his research while the latter may be - as one of my operatives has put it - a moron of questionable loyalties. Do not trust either of them to sincerely cooperate with Overwatch. I trust that you are also taking all necessary precautions to defend Akabat against potential Sentinel retaliation or attempted "rescue attempts" by Abrams' associates - especially Revenant.

Section 8 will, in the mean time, redouble its efforts in and around Kepler. And yes, I am a woman.

Hawkins, out.

SUBJECT: ABRAMS/SENTINELS

Senora,

Abrams is residing on Akabat for now, I've given him the liberty to spread his wings and ask about so long as he does so safely. So far, he's kept to his word. The nomads have responded in force to his arrival, they must've seen us on the way back from Kepler. The force they responded with was unlike any I've seen, a sentinel larger than the others attacked. In the end, it was put down with minimal casualties, the problems that might have arisen if we weren't prepared were... well let's not dwell on it.

Abrams feels he doesn't have the hands-on access to his research "sources" that he once had. These consist of two things, the sentinels themselves - which I've insisted he was mistaken about - and an anomaly in Kepler that has been "expanding" as he put it.

I need you and Section 8 to keep tabs on both these things. I have reason to believe these "sentinels" might not fall in line with the larger nomad collective. This may be a weakness to exploit if we or Abrams can discover more.

11.28.828, 21:55
Section 8

"Re: Abrams/Sentinels"

Captain Marquez,

We are glad to hear that Abrams' extraction was a success and the predicted Sentinel retaliatory attack could be fended off with little damage caused. Be prepared for further incursions in the days or weeks to come - however long Abrams remains willing to cooperate.

Section 8 and attached units will remain vigilant and continue observation and analysis of the Kepler anomalies and Sentinel activity in the region. We have detected increased Auxesian activity in the northern independent systems, likely in response to our strike against Revenant. This may hinder our operations. Should we require assistance in combating hostile forces, I will reach out to our local contacts - Overwatch will be left to deal with Abrams and the Omicrons for now and will only be contacted for reinforcements if absolutely necessary.

We agree with your theory that the Sentinels are not bound by the same goals as other Nomad hives. This is a high priority subject for us to investigate.

Hawkins, out.

Section 8

"Update"

Captain Marquez,

Activity in and around Kepler has been quiet of late - ever since Abrams' departure from the region. Section 8 is continuing direct and remote observation of the area and the anomalies; however, we have detected no further changes.

I would like to request an update on Abrams and his research in cooperation with Overwatch as well as on related alien activity.

Hawkins, out.

SUBJECT: ABRAMS/SENTINELS

Senora,

Sentinel sightings near and around Akabat have been almost none as of late. Perhaps we really did leave some damage.

I am currently working with overwatch command and others to return Mister Abrams to his nest of research back in Kepler. There is a complication in doing so, the sentinels are very much interested in him. But now I believe it's because they are afraid of him. If we return him, we risk him being killed. There are a number of parties besides the sentinels that want his head. For the time being - standby, once I have information on a method to return Abrams I will contact you directly.

12.25.828, 16:32
Section 8

"Abrams"

Captain Marquez,

It has been worryingly long without an update on Abrams' situation. I need to inquire about his current whereabouts and activities and whether he remains in Overwatch custody.

Hawkins, out.

SUBJECT: ABRAMS STATUS

Senora,

The situation with Abrams is difficult, all our advisors would rather he remain in Overwatch custody. But at the same time, I know that likely cannot remain the case. If others in the overwatch were to discover why exactly he could not be moved - S8 and myself would both be relieved on the spot.

Abrams is not safe, and is constantly under watch from more than just Order personnel. He is without a doubt more vulnerable as long as he is alone.

There is however, one way in which we could take all eyes off him - temporarily. I'm not so sure the situation is ideal however, I may need your help exclusively to see this through. For now, let me have another word with mister Abrams.

1.7.829, 18:07
Pages: 1 2