Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Good reasoning.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would like to shine more light on this jewel of a post. Letting it become forgotten would be a shame.

If it was adhered to, it would significantly increase the amount of possible RP interaction and lessen the amount of sanctions.

' Wrote:"Unfortunately, we cannot prove that those were looted guns. If we could, then that would not be a problem at all. There's nothing that says you didn't just buy them."

Does it really need to be proven when it can be assumed? You can assume it was looted, even if the guy did buy it.

It wouldn't make sense in a lot of situations -> Military ships should use their own military's guns, not looted equipment.

But it would make sense in others -> Bounty Hunters, Freelancers, Vigilantes, Mercs, etc would find it easier to obtain equipment by taking it from those they defeat.

And it really only works for equipment, given it's likely pretty darn hard to steal a ship and get away with it.
Now, for example, if an outcast saw one of their precious rare weapons being used on one of these ships, they would assume that the weapon is stolen/looted, and have a reason to engage them to get the technology back, or whatever.
Link to related thread

The presumption of guilt in case of diverse equipment makes no sense, it even adds more work to be enforced.

And no, it wouldn't allow for "LOL I GOT BEST LOADOUT" since the more diverse your equipment becomes, the more you become a target for other players to be RP hunted/interrogated/killed ingame.

Now to restate the effect this would have:
It would significantly increase the amount of possible RP interaction and lessen the amount of sanctions.
Well,its not just about how u get ur harware.Evry ship/gun etc muss be maintained.

OK,in the WW2 there ware german soldiers using captured russian tanks,but it didnt last for long.

As i said,getting them its not the problemm,it can be explainend.
But how the hell u wanna maintain guns,wich u have no understanting of,exept using it?
Or are u tryung to blow up ur ship?
' Wrote:Well,its not just about how u get ur harware.Evry ship/gun etc muss be maintained.

OK,in the WW2 there ware german soldiers using captured russian tanks,but it didnt last for long.
As i said,getting them its not the problemm,it can be explainend.
But how the hell u wanna maintain guns,wich u have no understanting of,exept using it?
Or are u tryung to blow up ur ship?
All weapons use the same kind of energy, so ammo is not an issue.
Any mechanic shop in the freelancer universe is able to repair your equipment, be it a hightech shield generator or simple armor plating.

Also, this is not about ships, it's about equipment.
Well Both of the previous two posts are supposition, you can make an RP argument either way.

What it really comes down to is mixing guns will turn everything into a pvp contest of who has the better loadout by hunting down the best guns. Then, just to remain competitive, everyone will probably have almost identical loadouts just so they can all do the same damage.

If you want to do it for RP reasons, that's great, but it's not gonna happen because the admins and devs do not want the above situation to occur.

Also in RP other factions find their enemies weapons dirty and corrupt and also you cannot assume it is looted because you can just as easily assume that the person's ID has been hacked and they really are an enemy.
' Wrote:Well Both of the previous two posts are supposition, you can make an RP argument either way.

What it really comes down to is mixing guns will turn everything into a pvp contest of who has the better loadout by hunting down the best guns. Then, just to remain competitive, everyone will probably have almost identical loadouts just so they can all do the same damage.

If you want to do it for RP reasons, that's great, but it's not gonna happen because the admins and devs do not want the above situation to occur.
' Wrote:it wouldn't allow for "LOL I GOT BEST LOADOUT" since the more diverse your equipment becomes, the more you become a target for other players to be RP hunted/interrogated/killed ingame.
Well, once .85 will be done, post a special RP request and quit whining - making it globally allowed would be opening a can of worms we really don't want to go into.
' Wrote:Well, once .85 will be done, post a special RP request and quit whining - making it globally allowed would be opening a can of worms we really don't want to go into.
Labeling a reasonable discussion attempt as whining is an indicator of poor intelligence.
The can of worms you speak of is imaginary as the proposal would police itself.
Have you considered that it was once allowed and did lead to that can of worms? Because as I hear, that's the case.
' Wrote:Have you considered that it was once allowed and did lead to that can of worms? Because as I hear, that's the case.
Do you have anything to support that this proposal was in effect before and that it resulted in something negative?
yeah. Everyone was using the frigging same oorp loadout.
Pages: 1 2