Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Crashing to desktop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey! I am relatively new here. I am a returned user, but with a different forum account and username. I didn't have these issues occur in the past, at least not as much.
I am having disco crash to desktop right after the 4.95 loading art of Omega-11 shows. I am wanting to return to disco periodically to see my friends Smile
Not sure why it's crashing, perhaps somebody here can elaborate and provide instruction to deal with this current dilemma.

Help would be much appreciated Smile
Thank you!

-MandarIX
Its a reported problem that is being actioned. You are not alone!

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=191558
(03-06-2022, 06:52 AM)Paddy. Wrote: [ -> ]Its a reported problem that is being actioned. You are not alone!

Would have likely been better for me to say this sooner..
So what you're saying is there are others as well who still cannot get into the game because of crashing?
I am saying this because of the doubt I might have, or something I did wrong to make it crash possibly.
Also, I am wondering about the progress they have made because I have been waiting for quite some time with no difference.
(03-12-2022, 06:30 PM)MandarIX Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-06-2022, 06:52 AM)Paddy. Wrote: [ -> ]Its a reported problem that is being actioned. You are not alone!

Would have likely been better for me to say this sooner..
So what you're saying is there are others as well who still cannot get into the game because of crashing?
I am saying this because of the doubt I might have, or something I did wrong to make it crash possibly.
Also, I am wondering about the progress they have made because I have been waiting for quite some time with no difference.

I am not sure if you mean when you try to log onto the game that it crashes, or the game crashes when in-game. The latter such as when you dock and you crash only to find you are returned to the base you launched from.

If the former, then you may have a set-up problem. If the latter, then that is related to a modification change 'bug' that is still trying to be sorted.
Alright. Yeah ill check my setup I think something might be wrong
it goes to the omega-11 background when the game launches and then just dies
Do you need the mod manager for disco?
I am going to uninstall, I find that reinstalling isnt always reliable
uninstalling vanilla and uninstalling the mod manager and I will also uninstall disco and just redo it all.
I do it in the following sequence..download vanilla...then the mod manager, then disco.
(03-13-2022, 07:55 PM)MandarIX Wrote: [ -> ]Do you need the mod manager for disco?
I am going to uninstall, I find that reinstalling isnt always reliable
uninstalling vanilla and uninstalling the mod manager and I will also uninstall disco and just redo it all.
I do it in the following sequence..download vanilla...then the mod manager, then disco.

Mod manager is not required for Disco.
oh ok.
Ill install it anyway though I like having it around.
I will look into the game files itself and see if there are any remnants from my previous mods that might be messing with disco
I play the crossfire mod a lot and it didnt uninstall everything I had to delete it all manually which probably isnt good for it.
I've done it over, and its still crashing. It might just be incompatible for my machine.
I will reinstall all and delete ALL freelancer related files and see if that does anything.
(03-13-2022, 10:58 PM)MandarIX Wrote: [ -> ]I've done it over, and its still crashing. It might just be incompatible for my machine.
I will reinstall all and delete ALL freelancer related files and see if that does anything.

There is no need to reinstall.

It's a problem that is known to the devs.
Pages: 1 2 3