Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Windows Server 2003 Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks, hope everyone is doing well, decided to drop in check up... well, not really. And no, I'm not back:(

But, a buddy of mine is having some trouble with his windows 2003 server. Here is his exactly quote:

Quote:First of all, let me start by saying, that when it comes to linux servers, I'm the bomb diggity. There's nothing I don't know about them...but when it comes to Windows servers...I'm blank.

Here's what I'm trying to do:

As you know, I'm a web designer/developer. I wanna set up a localhost on my spare AMD X2 PC that I can access from any computer on my network. I have a Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise license, so I wish to do it with this. What I want to accomplish is:

1. Getting the localhost up and running via IIS.
2. Install PHP, PHPmyadmin, Ruby, Python, and MySQL.
3. Be able to access the localhost address through a browser on any PC on my network (Linksys WRT54G).

I think that coveres what I want to do....but the only problem is, I have no idea how to do this with server 2003. I'd just assume do it with linux, but my goal here is to have support for all the microsoft programming languages as well. Which is why i choose to use IIS. Does anybody know how to do this or know any good guides that explain this??

Now, considering that I don't know a shebang about servers and computers, if anyone has any idea how to help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and take care! :D
Bump.
IIS

Ruby

Python

PHP

MySQL + THIS

DNS

phpMyAdmin

this is what i found trough some googe-ing
I hope it helps....
Open Internet Services Manager and choose "Add or Remove a role" to install IIS. You may need your windows 2k3 CD.

Doom's links are very useful but you don't need to set up DNS. Just go to control panel, choose networking, right click "local area network", choose "Status", and click the "Support" tab. This will show the IP address, and your friend will know what to do with that. Windows Firewall should add an exception for IIS when you add the web server as a role.