Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Outcast Bomber
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Well, I haven't seen Legeonation in a solid year, and, while the Falcatta's a decent ship, it just doesn't...fit well with the rest of the Borderworlds line (which, yes, technically it is not, I'm well aware). I was randomly inspired today about two hours ago, popped open my dusty copy of 3ds Max, and have labored to produce this:

[Image: bomber2.jpg]

[Image: bomber1.jpg]

[Image: bomber3.jpg]

[Image: bomber4.jpg]

[Image: bomber5.jpg]

[Image: bomber6.jpg]

Not textured yet, obviously, but before I went and (A) spent too much time learning how to do it properly or (B) bugged somebody else to do it I wanted to know what people think. Does it warrant replacing? Is this model it? How could it be improved? Flames will be scathingly critiqued and then deleted by my pet moderator.

EDIT: Sorry for poor render quality, it doesn't like me saving them as Bitmaps for some reason.

EDITII: Alternately:

[Image: bomber7.png]

[Image: bomber8.png]
Reminds me of the Outcast Gunship. Just smaller.
... nope. I think I'd prefer to see a more angular Falcata.
Define angular. Considering there isn't a curved surface on this ship and most of it is right angles...

And I'm glad somebody noticed the obvious similarities.:lol:
I think he means a sabre with another upside down W-Wing on top. Basically, just like the falcata, except instead of being weird and round, with sharper wings like the sabre design.
angular as in, BW angular... like, what you made, but applied to a Falcata design.
I mean, Falcata as such isnt that bad, its just a total failure due to its weird custom skin (athough well applied) and its overly round - fat, shape.

yours is too simple, too small... too, mini-bomber-pwn-yeh-all thing.

Edit: HOLY HELL Pierre where did you pop out of... you gave me a heart attack
Perhaps instead of a replacement, we keep the Falcata, but allow it to all, and make this the official Outcast bomber.

I'd still like to see both with their Border Worlds designations.
I wondered about you, Pierre:P

I contemplated doing that, and I actually made one with larger wings. Let me get the render.
[Image: bomber7.png]

[Image: bomber8.png]

There they are.
Not bad, I like those(the red models), and a certain someone won't bitch about the OC bomber being too small...

Looks good, keep up the good work, Epps.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14