Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New IC Gameplay Proposal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Another idea I've been tinkering with involves the very sad Interspace Commerce. Now that I've had a look at whats possible in FLHook's code, the following scheme came to mind:

[Image: unknown.png]
  • Make all IC capital bases into core 5 POB's
  • Reduce IC's ship size access to either Freighters and smaller or small transports or smaller ( < 2200 )

I know this isn't a super popular idea, but lets be honest, ppl use IC ID's now to try and be as neutral as possible to as many folks as possible for easy powertrading- Players who've made bases IC with this in mind, could of course be allowed to change the IFF of their bases or other concessions made to compensate for such a drastic shift

• IC Capital bases now generate a 0 volume commodity (restricted) named after the system that office is located (i.e. NY Insurance Policy, or NT Insurance Policy, etc) available for purchase by whitelisted clients/factions.
  • A visiting client could purchase x number of units relative to their hold size (doable with the HkEnumCargo hook) (i.e. for every 500 units of hold size, purchase 1 policy) (maybe for say 500k ea, so 5 mills for a 5ker)

This could potentially even be linked to the asessed value of the cargo, though I'll need to look into this (just popped into my head)

• These policies will be sellable at other capital planets (i.e. you buy it on Bonn Station (New Berlin) and can sell to ther other capital planets) for a healthy bonus to your run.
  • IC players need to supply either a single resource or a collection of resources to generate these policies.
    - A potential option would be like "Local Consultants" which will be available for purchase at planets IC is currently investing in, as well as a small smattering of other locations to get the ball rolling
  • Optional - If the health of the base drops below x health (say 80%), the ability to generate policies is suspended until health is restored
The aims and purpose would be:
  • Give some fresh gameplay to a faction thats never really had a niche
  • Help to concentrate traffic along inter-House highways (for easier piracy)
  • Create a new incentive to interact with underplayed factions

As always, any suggestions, ideas or input are welcomed.
Sounds suspiciously like a Vendetta to me.
Why not just adjust their rep if that's the source of the problem?
Singling out a "Big 3" company with Core 5 bases in each major house and reducing their cargo capacity is very poor inRP, IMO.
Much like believing that UPS could perform their business in minivans.
The timing of this is somewhat suspect too. A relatively small IC faction is the 2nd most active group on the server. Not because of a lot of members like the most active faction, but because their players login and play, and RP with other factions.
"Power-trading" is a highly overused term in this community. The same economy is available to all players.
Isn't Logging in, doing the work to be successful and RPing with other players the general idea on an "RP Server"?
Bad idea, terrible RP-wise and patently unfair IMO.
Interesting opinion. Not at all what I was thinking. If you come to know me, you'll find I don't engage in vendetta's with player, nor am I singling out any player group whatsoever, in fact only attempting to find new and interesting ways to engage with the game world. Interspace Commerce suffers from the juxtaposition of seeming to be a simple trading faction, but having the lore of a financial institution, and its OF has suffered to maintain relevance over the years, and indeed, the topic of "what to do with IC" has been raised in the past.

Interspace Commerce, though, is not a shipping company, but an insurance company, but Freelancer's naked gameplay really has only two options of play: haul stuff or shoot stuff, so hence, it's fallen into the "haul stuff" category.

Rest assured though, this is like listed above, a proposal, open to all view points and not something I have the "power" to single handedly enfore anyway.

Edit: and to clarify, there is no "problem" with IC presently, its jsut a super vanilla faction pretending to be a shipping faction

Cheers.
If this idea goes through then TCL will dissolve and become something else its simply too big of a nerf. Being a Interspace player from TCL i can say we get alot of attention from pirate factions so much so we have had to abandon the Omega trade lanes completely and you want us to face off against more player interactions or have nerfed cargo its only going to make players quit that faction all together.
So why not incorporate banking on the npc base? We don't have to make it a pob to attach plugins to it. Also pobs suck for various reasons. Primarily for restock and conn reasons.
The cargo restriction suggestion came at a very unfortunate time - they are the number one most active trading faction in the game, removing 5kers is just not an option, but let's not detract from the idea! I don't think people play it to abuse it - Universal has almost the same reps.

You can easily test this with pobs attached to existing solars - there's no reason not to do it tomorrow on one route Smile
Nerfing IC
You really shouldn't be afraid to make the ID "OP" - shipping ID s need stuff to do and buffs across the board. IC and Universal do have almost well - universally good reps in houses, but they are hugely behind in utility compared to e.g. Mining corps with 5kers. I don't even understand why people play those IDS and go for officialdom when they could ship AND mine on others. And Ofdom gives you nothing unlike on Daumann etc.
(04-29-2022, 05:06 AM)Kauket Wrote: [ -> ]So why not incorporate banking on the npc base? We don't have to make it a pob to attach plugins to it. Also pobs suck for various reasons. Primarily for restock and conn reasons.
The supplies would "fabricate" the policies afaik - hard to do on solars.
(04-29-2022, 05:06 AM)Kauket Wrote: [ -> ]So why not incorporate banking on the npc base? We don't have to make it a pob to attach plugins to it. Also pobs suck for various reasons. Primarily for restock and conn reasons.

Oooh, yeah. I was thinking one day I'd figure out a "stock market" type thing, but lots to think about before then.

Yeah the nerf isn't really necessary, and like I said above, I'm not targetting anyone. Policy generation could be in addition to current lines anyway
(04-29-2022, 05:15 AM)Relation-Ship Wrote: [ -> ]
The supplies would "fabricate" the policies afaik - hard to do on solars.

We are capable of adding dynamic cargo. More so a thing to make a database of.

Anyway. Might be cool to do banking in game and take loans. Etc. Get bountied by the plugin for failing to repay. Get debt collectors kek.

We should be creating unique IDs for each characters made so even if you rename, you still have the internal code. But lots to think about really.
I am 1ic of the TCL and as mentioned above, this nerf is ridiculous and unnecessary and you also have All Worlds who recently changed to IC ID aswell

So 2 new interspace factions are created then you decide to nerf it so that it practically makes it unplayable for us by reducing our cargo sizes, when interspace is a money making company and also we are trying to make an official interspace faction here and build up our services as we go which will include also what interspace is famous for.

This nerf goes through then as my compatriot says,

TCL will be no longer viable to run and I will lose members and some good players who have come to TCL to bring interspace back securely into the game

And if this goes through you lose another faction and lose more players.

Do you really want to keep squeezing and squeezing everything on the server and pushing players away.
Pages: 1 2 3