Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey
so im completely new and dunno really what i'm doing. all good:D:D
Welcome to the server, be sure to read the rules A LOT and have fun, that's the important thing. Make sure to note this is an RP server, which requires RP, so build up your characters, joining one of the official factions helps your RP a lot.

Avoid the person called Mon'Star, the madman in the huge black destroyer, and you'll survive. If you need help and one of my chars is in the system, feel free to call me in private chat.
' Wrote:Hey
so im completely new and dunno really what i'm doing. all good:D:D

Hi there,

I'd recommend you first should play the Single Player campaign of Freelancer (without the mod)
to become familiar with the game, its story, and technics.

If you've already played the SP story and know "all" about Freelancer you need to know,
the better it is, look out for other players that might give you good advice or even let you
join their party and play together with you and show you how things work on Disco.

Also make sure to read the rules section and the tutorials (several times) to know what you
need to know about Discovery Freelancer and how to stay out of trouble, also a daily look
at new posts/threads is sensefull to know whats going on.

When that's all done - you can enjoy this fantastic mod and community.

Welcome.

John
Thanks.
I'm kinda looking through the factions and stuff. I'm building up a miner/trader at the moment and then i want to do a corsair or outcast, not sure if there are any guilds willing to take on a lil newbie but i'll just wait and see
Hai.

If you really don't know what you're doing, my first piece of advice to you would be to look into the Freelancer lore. Learn about the universe we play in, and how different organisations exist within it (you don't have to learn everything about all the factions, but some basic knowledge about each is a must). Then, and only then, make your first character.

Oh, and don't forget to have fun, look out for penguins, join a faction, take control of Sirius, blah, blah...wait...did I just give out my masterplan?:crazy:
Welcome, feel free to pm me in-game should you have any questions about the server or the corsairs.
Hello and welcome. As some have said be sure to pay close attention to the rules. Some of them are a little obscure, reading sanction reports helped me understand them much better.

If you need help or have any questions you can always post on the forums. Additionally you can stop by the disco help channel where you can also meet some a good group of friendly players (link in sig). This is in skype which is the chat program of choice of this community, I highly recommend getting it if you plan on being active here. Also I have heard the link may not be compatible with some newer versions of skype, if this is the case just PM me your skype name if you want to check it out.

Most of all though, Have Fun!
thanks for all the help guys. yeah i have played the single player a few times, played it through in the past a couple of times too but never played online but i'm liking it so far:)
disco definitely adds a sense of massiveness to the game, i'm almost scared to go anywhere in case i get lost lol
hi,

I used to play freelancer Online many years ago (no mod) and i still to this day have not touched the single player. i learn't the game online. but now many many years later i return to a new concept of freelancer called Role play.

such an awesome thing, but there is also loads to learn. and i wouldn't say i'm a n00b but there is so much to take in, so many new things to worrie about.

there isn't much action or roleplay in the (n00b systems) which is understandable, but role play should be encouraged there the most and those n00b will eventually leave the n00b systems not knowing the proper RP etiquette.

help:P
-Wu-Long: Try deep space engineering, it is being set up specifically to fill this niche, here is their message board, try to stay in character on it. If you arent comfortable with that PM Eyvind and he'll lend you a hand.

You can also come to my help channel, where Eyvind is a member even.

Also If you want people to find your post you prolly want to start a new topic. Dont be shy, we dont bite.
Pages: 1 2