Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: SCRA member - Thanks for all support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'am making new thread as original sancion thred was closed by evning, not giving me any chance to speak for myself.

I do not hope to achieve anything by this post nor I do want any of my sanctions to be removed from my ship.
I dont becouse real life experience indicates that it's rather rare for people to commit to their mistakes.
We are all just humans, as same as you are dear staff.
I will be as much clear as possible in this post. It doesn’t have to do with my precious ship nor the worthiness in taking out 4,5 billions of credits in codenames, but a question of fairness and honour as a gamer.

I can wonder how this situation came to happen. As admins, staff etc. they have to stay in line together at all times as they work cooperatively in some way.
Just as in a restaurant, when the chef screws up with his work, the waiter will have to pretend to its customers till the very the end, that everything is perfect and in the right pace.
So exactly in this way you have been pulled into a situation where you are wrong but you dive deeper into it instead of putting under consideration that MAYBE one of your members did something wrong and covering his actions might be not that wise as we take a look at the community feedback. Difference is, that you don’t care as we are not supposed to pay for the meal, nor if we will visit your restaurant again in the near future. You can just do whatever comes on your mind, as this is your playground, which I definitely agree, respect and take consideration about that (so I do realise that I am just a guest here). Sanctions made, thread closed right? We stand in line.

Anyways, let’s get straight to the point and begin the real topic. As it was cleared, I’m willing to give a short background at my perspective to this case.

I was born in soviet union and I hate communism incomparably more than nomads. 9th of May is another date of tragedy for my nation as the freedom of ones came to culminate on a new episode of occupation to us. Half of my family was taken to Siberia by red army at the end of WWII where they died or ended up being murdered. As a consequence I went through terrible experiences, regarding personal problems in RL. I could describe in better detail about it but no one would care for sure. I live in Poland, a country that received and housed millions of ukrainian refugees. And given the current situation and migration crisis, this war will eventually ruin my country as well, economically. In fact it’s already happening. From now on the nation where I was raised in will never be the same as it used to be.
I say so as to clarify that I am against any war and, especially, this one. Not gonna lie that my interest and vocation for politics and history is great, but that’s not important for the topic in question…

And as such person I play SCRA characters and what I want to say is that if at any stage of "event parade" (during the event and in previous days in discord conversations), If I would have ever noticed that some players were about to manifest anything related to RL political conotations, I would not only be absent on this event, but also not be willing to play a game along with such folks. I would have instead left the faction without thinking twice, as it could take me to a revival of past experiences that came to follow in my life. Life from which I am kinda trying to escape and my escape window (the best I have found in the whole world ) is Discovery. I wouldn’t have informed you dear admins that such thing would be happening ofc, mostly due to my criminal record. Informers are not my type you know...
What I can tell with total confidence is that none of my coalition fellows were doing any private political-related parade there. I would have noticed that trust me Im a ***. I dont know for sure but I presume that‘s due to the times lived on both russian and ukrainian players, who were more than careful and wise to write of what was revealed in chat or discord.

"You know nothing John Snow"

So if someone will insist that SCRA parade event was packed by any form of political manifest I will instantly call him/her a lier, since I was there, participating and being a testimonial of the occurrence as well as thanks to the fact that this event had already taken place in past years, events that never got into any sort of issues or became a reason for bad-eyes view among the admins and staff community. The reality is that global political propaganda came to change due to recent events and someone from the staff dared to catch this wave. Happens to the best trust me.
And pretty much all talks on all faction chats were about making pictures of our fleet. I don’t care about printscreens that much but I still managed to take one, as for the sake of this occasion.
The so-called proofs that were attached at the forums which had any “political background” from the staff view are showing nothing. Please make it public for the rest of the community so that everyone can judge on how much pain those guys from Omega 52 had felt in their hearts. You got no profs for that cus there were any.

I came to be the last vessel joining the parade in O52 just minutes before it took place. About the fact that it is "not welcomed", I had no idea until the very end. If I was warned by anyone from the staff that my actions were against something (whatever of what would have been) I would have abandoned the event surely. Even if my reaction wasn’t amicable, I would’ve followed the request. But nothing like that happened. I’ve been an SCRA member for the last 3 months. Until this tragic event I could still admit my lack of clear knowledge about the character of my colleagues. I barely made it on that day to log into a game just for a moment to take part in my factions’ activity as in the last weeks it was hard for me to do so during server prime time (children) and unfortunately I hadn’t had many opportunities to fly along side my comrades. But it changed in the last two days. By enduring and overcoming together this rough situation for SCRA I have found my place as a faction member, since I realised the green roots shared with other commies of my group. At the very beginning I had a feeling that perhaps, this lack of consideration and cultural respect towards this tragedy would mark the end of my era in Discovery as the whole joy of traveling throughout Sirius had been taken away from me for a moment since I had right feeling of being punished for nothing. But we are fine, ships fine!

At this point I wish to express my warmth and loud thank you to all players of other factions that’ve been proving to be a great support to us. Players who could take their time in sharing and opining their thoughts about this situation, people who even dared to intervene in our case. And truthfully speaking, I’ve never got to know plenty of Discovery players in a single day. PM's with words of support and cherish were coming out from all directions. So I shall express once again mine and our Great Gratitude to the gaming community for such kindness and unquestionable and unforgettable gesture.

Same goes to all SCRA members. If you were not showing such a great and mature attitude in such difficult moment I would rather be playing starcraft right now^^

And now for the Disco Court:

The biggest thanks I dedicate to the person without whom this drama and toxification of community would not be possible: Staff member Karst, who spent so much time with us in Omega 52, holding and watching carefully and precisely if our ships were moving randomly or in formation. Who managed to send “its proofs” of our political commitment even it there were none. He is soo dedicated on his role, that he sat right there the whole time but made no effort in trying to inform new players coming into the system that he wasn’t there to watch the event intentionally (I used to think that was the reason why he was there but nevermind) but to prevent us from doing this parade. But everything he did was to wait until we stumbled into a trap he had set for us. Got a full right to be proud for sure. If describing himself as Chariot of Light, I’d say he brought darkness to our far corner of Sirius sector. Person who convinced other admins to follow his false narration. I truly admire his work as he managed to pull RL politics into a game and made it look like the SCRA players did it, as the trigger was not the parade but to make it forbidden. Firstly we create a problem and then we are fighting it - sounds familiar? Without him many ppl wouldn’t have ever heard of glorious day in Coalition of Sirius history as there would be no testimonial to spread pain to.
I can’t describe how grateful I am for what he did to us, undoubtedly sacrificing his evening without hesitation so that a few guys in space could get their moods... yea not the best in shape, for the next days.

If I had the chance to compare his actions to a common reality, I would mention the instance of a child who turned out to bully Russian kids at school after watching news on TV. As a polish victim, I would end up being punched in my face, but never making any difference to him.
If someone should be sanctioned, I strongly believe and support the idea that kicking this guy out of server staff role would be the most appropriate solution to this great parade issue.

As true captain I am ready to sink together with my ship - mighty SCRA|CPW-Volgograd - we will alwayes remember. It was an honour to inhabit the same part of universe together with all those creative souls who chosed to fly throu the Sirius and RP insted of watching tv.

Safe flights everyone.
i'm sorry, but, as a russian who chats mostly with europeans and americans, i was expecting this outcome for the events. i think you and the rest of SCRA understood that it was going to happen as well.
This event brought Ukrainians and Russians in Disco together in celebration. It was tactless to break it up. The sanction post claimed that the event caused pain to some players, yet the only ones who were present, except the SCRA, were 3 BAF players. Our arses still hurt, but that is because they were shot with capital ship guns, and not because we were offended by the event. We joked between ourselves that we would turn it into a "defeat parade", but that was because we were offended that there were SCRA ships in Queen Carina's rightful space, not because we were offended by the parade itself.

The rules are there to protect the players. In the future, can the staff please have this in mind, so that they do not inadvertently end up hurting players to protect a rule?
This event was nothing but act of honor and memory to those who died to protect the world we are living in against Nazis and their collaborators. The fact that people could be sanctioned for such it is shameful. Remember that this event happens each year so no one complaint before. Is this not weird and stupid that someone decides it has a political ground under it?

Shame on you, Discovery Staff. And if this not a lie - especially to you, Karst.
I should have mentioned this earlier, but I forgot. I think that this act by the staff, although I am sure it wasn't its goal, makes it seem as if the staff discriminates against our eastern European playerbase, and especially Russians. Russia is less globalised than western Europe and Russians have a different outlook on life, their state encourages them to believe that everyone west of Russia is out to get them, and I don't think this sanction is helping eliminate the delusions. To put it into a perspective more palpable to westerners, this is like if a group of African players were banned because they assembled to spend Juneteenth together despite the distance between them.
The event was hijacked IRL by a mad man using it as propaganda to invade a country, glorify a unjust war and war crimes, who call a Jewish leader a Nazi- I stand with staff in asking coalition to not tie it to the IRL event, which they refused.

Just tie Disco events to Disco lore if asked - this is not rocket science - way better dates from Coalition history to tie this to are out there.
We do not let IRL politics overlap into our game world. There is nothing more to say about it. No matter what is going on in the world, it only invites opportunities to divide us as citizens of Sirius. Lets not let anything from the RL leak into our gameplay.
(05-12-2022, 06:37 AM)Zentor Wrote: [ -> ]
We do not let IRL politics overlap into our game world. There is nothing more to say about it. No matter what is going on in the world, it only invites opportunities to divide us as citizens of Sirius. Lets not let anything from the RL leak into our gameplay.

[Image: captain-barbossa.gif]
(05-12-2022, 04:46 AM)Relation-Ship Wrote: [ -> ]The event was hijacked IRL by a mad man using it as propaganda to invade a country, glorify a unjust war and war crimes, who call a Jewish leader a Nazi- I stand with staff in asking coalition to not tie it to the IRL event, which they refused.

Just tie Disco events to Disco lore if asked - this is not rocket science - way better dates from Coalition history to tie this to are out there.

I can ensure you that even if someone will make atempts to organize such event in the future, no matter on with date, you will not see me there. This parade was cool from RP point of view cus it comes along with what coalition is... space soviets ya? But to me it's less entertraining than shooting rocks on mining field. I was there just to be with my faction. And if you are still calling up recent events in our world you are certanly having a problem. Is this really that hard to separate video games from the media narration in our stinking world that is full of lies, wars and mad man?

Event hijacked? I will not discous here what gaved basis for this date becouse I am a gamer here and not gona compare war crimes of the past and the present but you certanly got no idea what you are talking about. And if You like to know Ukrainian president is not Jewish, he's from the Khazar nation. Never heared about em? Sure cus whats the diffrence!

Freelancer is a game that could be called "Sirius of Warcraft" and this universe is a mirror reflection of our own world. And human history is like war, war, war. You like it or not. Small kids makes a riffles out of the stick. And bigger kids makes things like Command&Conquer Red Alert, World of Warcraft or Freelancer Discovery. Almost all discovery factions got references to RL. Focusing on Coalition out of sudden is a clear effect of world wide propaganda that is impossible to avoid in modern world. If you still dont see this then try to catch this thaught:

"From Cryer Pharmaceuticals operative I have heared that 90% of corsair population is still not vaccinated"

Let's discous that maybe. Or better not...
(05-12-2022, 07:12 AM)Gutek Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-12-2022, 04:46 AM)Relation-Ship Wrote: [ -> ]The event was hijacked IRL by a mad man using it as propaganda to invade a country, glorify a unjust war and war crimes, who call a Jewish leader a Nazi- I stand with staff in asking coalition to not tie it to the IRL event, which they refused.

I can ensure you that even if someone will make atempts to organize such event in the future, no matter on with date, you will not see me there. This parade was cool from RP point of view cus it comes along with what coalition is... space soviets ya? But to me it's less entertraining than shooting rocks on mining field. I was there just to be with my faction. And if you are still calling up recent events in our world you are certanly having a problem. Is this really that hard to separate video games from the media narration in our stinking world that is full of lies, wars and mad man?

Event hijacked? I will not discous here what gaved basis for this date becouse I am a gamer here and not gona compare war crimes of the past and the present but you certanly got no idea what you are talking about. And if You like to know Ukrainian president is not Jewish, he's from the Khazar nation. Never heared about em? Sure cus whats the diffrence!

Freelancer is a game that could be called "Sirius of Warcraft" and this universe is a mirror reflection of our own world. And human history is like war, war, war. You like it or not. Small kids makes a riffles out of the stick. And bigger kids makes things like Command&Conquer Red Alert, World of Warcraft or Freelancer Discovery. Almost all discovery factions got references to RL. Focusing on Coalition out of sudden is a clear effect of world wide propaganda that is impossible to avoid in modern world. If you still dont see this then try to catch this thaught:

"From Cryer Pharmaceuticals operative I have heared that 90% of corsair population is still not vaccinated"

Let's discous that maybe. Or better not...

You know, the easiest solution was just to hold the parade on any other day. 10th of May, 11th of May, why not? Why not commemorate some inRP significant date, like the update that gave the Coalition that planet in Omega 48 or Ben Warner's anniversary, or something else? Why bickering over something that could have been avoided so easily? Besides, it is not like the organisers were not warned. They were kindly asked to consider a different day. Do as many parades as your soul desires just stay away from sensitive stuff. There is a reason why 14/88 nicknames or the something like that is banned. I personally can't care less but I do see the point of those who imposed sanctions.

P.S. Zelensky is not a Khazar, fyi. Khazar are long gone as a monolith ethnicity. Zelensky is just a Jew, at least that is what he himself said.
Pages: 1 2 3