Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bounty Hunter Gunship Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Apart from the cargo size reduction (280 to 230), are there any other changes to the Gunship's handling, power, fire arcs etc?

What was the reasoning behind the cargo size reduction? Was the gunship too powerful against bombers / fighters / other gunboats?
in the last mod the Gunship could mount cap 8 and 7 in this mod it cant,
Last mod with cap8/7 that thing was one of the deadliest ships in the mod, Now it has been nerfed a little so it is not a PVP whoring ship.
i d like to know that, too - or have i missed it being addressed on the dev forum? - what armour is possible to mount now?

edit:

the last version was not able to mount cap 8 - as cap 8 was increased to 300 cargo anyway.
' Wrote:in the last mod the Gunship could mount cap 8 and 7 in this mod it cant,
Last mod with cap8/7 that thing was one of the deadliest ships in the mod, Now it has been nerfed a little so it is not a PVP whoring ship.

A. Catch up. The "nerfing" was more of a re-design to suit its purpose. Plus it was hardly "the deadliest ship in the mod". Maybe if you were in a VHF by yourself. But that was in the past ...the real thing is

B. This "nerf" in cargo size only came with today's update. A lot of people are stuck with expensive armour they will now make a huge loss on because they can't transfer it. A heads-up would have saved people this hassle.
Seamus, I know about the cap 8 nerf. That was from 4.84 to 4.85. This cargo size change is from the previous update to now.
' Wrote:A. Catch up. The "nerfing" was more of a re-design to suit its purpose. Plus it was hardly "the deadliest ship in the mod". Maybe if you were in a VHF by yourself. But that was in the past ...the real thing is

B. This "nerf" in cargo size only came with today's update. A lot of people are stuck with expensive armour they will now make a huge loss on because they can't transfer it. A heads-up would have saved people this hassle.

I concur with the idea for a heads up. Alternately, being moved to somewhere where they can deal with armor they may have now seems in order. (And I neither have big armor nor have a gunship.)

Quote:i d like to know that, too - or have i missed it being addressed on the dev forum? - what armour is possible to mount now?

Cap Mk IV, I do believe.
In 4.84 a Cap 8 Gunship could beat a Battlecruiser hands down, and hurt a Battleship alot, Simply because of the agility of the ship and the size.

(Edit: Ahhh i thought he meant from 4.84 Sorry.)
' Wrote:In 4.84 a Cap 8 Gunship could beat a Battlecruiser* hands down, and hurt a Battleship* alot, Simply because of the agility of the ship and the size.

(Edit: Ahhh i thought he meant from 4.84 Sorry.)

First I lol'd then I srs'd.

I think you mean "piloted by a nubtard" in the places I have asterisked...
In 4.84 it could mount either: MK 8 normal armor... or Cap 8... nothing in between.

In 4.85 with the changes in cargo requirements it could suddenly mount all Cap armors up to 7. So it actually got upgraded a lot . (well if you don't count mounting armor for 895 million on it...)

Now it can still mount cap 3-4, so it still is an upgrade from 4.84.

----------------------------------------

It also got 150 thruster speed now as other GBs (corsair one doesn't have it yet due to some error by -censored-).

-------------------------------------

Sorry that it causes trouble getting rid of it. I was following same logic as before 4.85 in which you could always keep these items but not mount them again once unmounted. Seems anti-cheat got a bit better since then.
It could only mount Cap6 or lower. And how was it "upgreaded" when it's twice the size with half less firepower then in 4.84? Thats a real "upgrade".

I'd say it was probably nerfed again because it was too good in taking down your holy Titan in Gamma, as it is supposed to.
Pages: 1 2