Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Franz Oberhauser, Lane Hackers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

James Hurrell, MV-Alberta
SUBJECT: Our talk/Interspace Vessels
TO: LH~Franz.Oberhauser

Planet Houston, Liberty Space

Mister Oberhauser,

If that even is your name to begin with.
We had a quite lengthy conversation, coming off short when the Navy vessel and that freelancing Gunboat appeared.
For your information, I had the luck to arrive at our destination, Planet Houston, without any more interruptions.

This whole scenario got me thinking again, however. While I cannot still see myself go down a path of violence, you might be right about the idea to escape my meager existence as "corporate lapdog".
I mean, let us be real here. The crap I did for the LPI lays some years back and it is hard to forget but that Interspace tries to sell me out to the likes of you, even being willing to pay you extra to execute a corporate mining vessel.. no, a vessel belonging to one of their biggest business partners even. This is sheer insane.
Oh and this Gunboat? Guess what, I briefly witnessed it turn on a different Navy pilot later again.
Is this my home by now? Reckless violence and corruption to the point of methods such as this Interspace vessels attempted to use?

I am grateful you did not pick up on their deal.
So tell me now, Hacker. Tell me in your apparent "wisdom", what you would do.

Regards,
James Hurrell

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Fixer.Franz.Oberhauser.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 141a.png][Image: 3.png]
[Image: 13d.png][Image: 20d.png][Image: 30d.png][Image: 40d.png]

Mr. Hurrell,

I'm glad that you found the time to send me a transmission.

Indeed, you guessed my name right and it's good that you managed to survive this encounter. Hopefully you know now, that even trusting other Liberty Corporations can end in destruction of your own ship. Trusting corporations will cost you your life at some point.

Since you were in the LPI, I guess your name is known in Liberty, which is always a bad thing. If I were you, I would ask someone like the Lane Hackers to create a brand new identity for me. Having a white vest is always a good idea if you want to disappear from the lawfuls.

It's up to you Mr. Hurrel, if you want to start from zero and do the right things now, contact me again.

That would be all for now. Have a nice day.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...

James Hurrell, MV-Alberta
SUBJECT: A new start

Beaumont Base, Texas

Mister Oberhauser,

I have given it some thought and settled on turning my back to Deep Space Engineering or Liberty's other corporations.
I should probably thank you if not for you causing me to act hastily, I took the Alberta with me. The beautiful state of the outdated Mining vessel you've seen at our encounter. mostly automated to "increase cost efficiency", read reduce the amount of required people.

Junkers are not exactly the best engineers, could this be? What I could really need help with instead of some new identity crap, would be a proper set of engines to get the ship actually run smooth and with less maintenance. Think you can help me there? I can organize cash.. if needed the way you usually do.

Regards,
James Hurrell

James Hurrell, "Alberta's Legacy"
SUBJECT: Returning the favour

Kepler, Independent Worlds

Mister Oberhauser,

I am deeply grateful for the gesture shown by you and Mr. Drake earlier today. It has been too long since we last met.
I have put the Helium-3 to good use and me and my crew managed to strike a deal with the Junkers of Invergordon. The Alberta is theirs and we are now the proud owners of one of these heavily armored Borderworlds line vessels. We named it "Alberta's Legacy" to remind our future selves about where we started.

We hope the vessel performs as promised by the Junkers but this is not the nature of this message. I promised to repay you and Mr. Drake for your hospitality and the Helium-3. I think you Lane Hackers will find good use for these high-end repair kits peddled by Kishiro Technologies, yes? I would like to transfer you these fifteen crates I kindly received upon a friendly discussion at gunpoint from a Gateway vessel as a sign of gratitude. Further, I would offer to sell you any additional 'liberated' medical supplies or repair kits for a symbolic fee of: 2.000 Credits per crate of medical supplies and 220.000 credits per crate of repair kits.

I might owe you one but we need to recoup the investment this new vessel represents too. How does this sound?

Regards,
James Hurrell