Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Leviathan Bankers Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is the official feedback thread for Leviathan Bankers. As the thread title asks, what do you think of Leviathan Bankers?

Post anything you wish regarding BNKL, but please, no spamming.

Leviathan Bankers Communications Center

You may also see my story here:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...=35161&st=0

And the feedback thread for it here:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37085
if its no secret. Id like to hear from you JMScomp... how well is your business going?

I can imagine people taking those accounts where they deposit 50 mil, and get 5% (2,5mil) each weak
and in return no people using the services where YOU get paid (taking loans and hiring curiers)

If you wish to increase your profits you'll need better advertising.

Personally, i didnt know about your bank until i saw this post.

...and instead have taken a loan from the Galic mafia :sleep:
' Wrote:if its no secret. Id like to hear from you JMScomp... how well is your business going?

I can imagine people taking those accounts where they deposit 50 mil, and get 5% (2,5mil) each weak
and in return no people using the services where YOU get paid (taking loans and hiring curiers)

If you wish to increase your profits you'll need better advertising.

Personally, i didnt know about your bank until i saw this post.

...and instead have taken a loan from the Galic mafia :sleep:

Thanks for posting Balthazaar.

It's not a secret, though I won't talk figures. The bank's net worth is much larger than before, but as you said there are a lot of interest bearing accounts. I have given several loans, a few of which are still active, and have had a few uses of the courier services as well, but obviously those are temporary. So all in all I'm not making money, but not losing any as the bank's net worth is steadily rising.

This is pretty much as I expected since I started this for the RP (mainly due to my characters' story, but for the other RP it creates as well) not to make money. Also the prospect of assisting new characters with gaining better ships through the use of the loans is a plus. So far I haven't had to add any 'personal funds' to supplement the bank, save for starting costs of course, so I see it as going well. Plus there's been a couple of corporations who are negotiating long-term uses of the bank's services which will generate some very nice RP and possibly some income as well.

Also, yes, I do need to consider advertising. Though besides the posts on the forums, and the soon-to-be advertising on Discovery XM, I am not sure what to do besides hire my own couriers to patrol the galaxy. Any suggestions?

As for your loan from the Gallic mafia.....sorry to hear that mate. Be sure to keep tabs on your relatives.;)
one: the bank seems to be forfilling all of your goals.

two: asking to be a coureir was one of the best private messages i ever sent, because now, i am involved in most of his charactars roleplay. (in a good way) i will say that i recently had to withdraw all my money from the bank.

once i earn more i might invest a bit more.

three: hmmmmm.... i think every one should put a million or two in, just for the RP value
' Wrote:Any suggestions?

Trust me, giving loans and requesting them back with additional % will bring you lots of cash.
IF you advertise more. You are a salesman of a sort, you sell money. You need everyone
to know where they can get it.

All thou i suggest you lower the 20% rate on the 20mil loan... you should make enough with 10%
since people will be taking loans from you if they know you exist.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Edit: its all ways a good thing to have more people asking for loans than people saving cash in your bank.
try to have those numbers equal at minimum.
, thanks, glad you are enjoying it.

I meant advertising ideas, but thanks for pointing out the rate on the 20 mil loan. I forgot that I hadn't lowered it yet (I had left it high when the bank was starting to boost income).

EDIT: P.S. To everyone who's been asking about the high-dollar loans (like 150 mil), when the bank's net worth is to a point where I can safely give several at a time, then I'll offer them. Until then it's just the smaller ones.
Well I'm not much of an expert, but the following could help you greatly:

- your bank's logo in your avatar (if you're not an artist go here ask politely for assistance:))

-Your bank (image of your ship and a big advertisement sign) in your signature that acts as a link.
(you can do that by putting the image instead of text on the [ url=link] image tag [/ url])

-be active and polite on the forums and offer your services anytime you think they might be useful.
You can never go out of place by roleplaying on this forum.

-In-game global messages filling people's minds with promises of fortune
and satisfaction, like every bank does.

those basic moves will help you greatly.

You can see by my example, i advertise the Harvesters at the best of my ability and it has brought
us a large number of applications in a short amount of time.

All you need to do is be very clear and loud (without the use of CAPITAL LETTERS:P)

i hope it helps.
Cheers
Thanks again for the feedback Balthazzar. I'll take those into consideration (though I think I'll leave my avatar be, perhaps creating a picture in my signature instead).

I'll be tweaking BNKL a bit in the near future, but until I get a few things sorted out it'll stay the way it is (mainly some rechecking of the books to be sure everything is in order, and contacting a few clients to update them on their accounts).

Also, I've posted a feedback thread for my story entries.

You may see the story entries here:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...=35161&st=0

And the feedback thread for it here:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37085
Well it's been a while. Thanks to side-jobs picking up here I've been busier with RL, but I've now tweaked much of my RP, including BNKL (not majorly though).

The current account rates are now as follows:
'Savings' Accounts:
Class NT4A - Max 50 million - Interest Given 5%
Class VB31 - Max 300 million - Interest Given 3%

Loans:
Class NB1 - Max 2 million - Interest Rate 20%
Class BP23 - Max 20 million - Interest Rate 10%
Class AL17 - Max 40 million - Interest Rate 7% ------------ New
Class VIPAL49 - Max 80 million - Interest Rate 5% -------- New

The bank now has enough funds to sustain these loans so many large ones may be granted at once (not a ton, but more than a few).

I'm also having a signature made promoting BNKL, and am creating an advertising department to promote the bank in-game. I may be hiring a department manager for some extra RP if anyone's interested.
If someone were to invest 1 billion, what would be your response?
Pages: 1 2