Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To the Xeno Alliance, from the Junkers Congress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
INCOMING TRANSMISSION
TARGET ID: Xeno Alliance Leadership, Ouray Base, Colorado System
COMM ID: Amy Carmichael, Director of Liberty Operations for the Junkers Congress
ENCRYPTION: High

I'm sick to the teeth of this pointless turf war. I've had enough, you hear? Enough of Xenos disrupting our scrapping and trading operations, enough of Junkers getting drunk off their faces and attacking Ouray in CSVs. This whole conflict is a waste of time and resources. We could get a lot more done, a hell of a lot more, by not fighting and working together than by constantly harping at each other and shooting at each other every five gorram seconds. The Junkers could be valuable friends for the Xenos. We could supply you with food, safe harbour, arms, whatever, and keep in mind we generally don't give a good gorram what you do with them so long as you stay out of our hair. But instead, we're both too busy fighting each other to even remotely consider the possibilities that NOT fighting could offer us.

That's why I'm proposing a mutual non-aggression pact with the Xenos. I know there'll be screamed objections from both sides, but I for one want a bit more peace and quiet in Liberty. Here's the deal. If you agree to it, the following terms will apply:
  • No Junker vessel will attack a Xeno vessel unprovoked.
  • No Xeno vessel will attack a Junker vessel unprovoked.
  • No Junker will come within 10k of any Xeno base without prior permission from the Xenos.
  • No Xeno vessel will come within 10k of a Junker base without permission from the Junkers.
  • Junkers will be permitted to bring foreign cargo into Liberty, provided they do nothing to antagonise Xenos in the area, including verbal taunts, flaunting their cargo or firing upon Xeno ships, and provided they adhere to the 10k exclusion zone around Xeno bases.
  • Xenos will be permitted to mine the Dallas, Jersey, Pittsburgh and Detroit debris fields for scrap to support their operations, provided they do nothing to antagonise Junkers in the area, including verbal taunts, "skimming" scrap mined by Junkers or firing upon Junker ships, and provided they adhere to the 10k exclusion zone around Junker bases.
  • Any Junker or Xeno vessel who provokes either side by attacking them or entering their space without permission is fair game for attack on that occasion only.
Now I'm willing to negotiate here because, once more, I am fed up with this pointless bickering. Agree to these terms, and we Junkers can get on with our scrapping and trading, and you Xenos can get on with your... *consults file* "driving those foreign" - sorry, I'm not familiar with this next word - "from Liberty". So please, accept my olive branch and let's turn this open and unprofitable hostility into an indifferent and profitable neutrality, hmmm? If not, well... more migraines for both sides, I suppose.

Who knows, maybe I won't be too optimistic in saying that we could eventually work with each other if we gave it half a chance. This is only the first step.

END TRANSMISSION
Transmission Begins:::
Short Burst Encrypted Communication:
Comm Carrier: Unknown
Comm Signature: Knights of Labour...Errror Unregistered Signature

Do you wish to recieve this communiction? Y/N?

Y

WARNING: Opening unregistered communications may harm you Cortex Node, do you wish to continue?

Y

Message Begins.

Your off on the wrong foot to start with scum, we aren't Xenos. That's a term created by the media to demonise us. So using it throughout your missive isn't a good way to open business dealings.

Secondly this isn't a turf war, this isn't about controlling what you control it's about wiping it out, removing the junker cancer that's eating at Liberty's people.

You haul Cardamine for the stinking Outcasts. That filfth is reason enough to exterminate every junker the Knights ever meet.

There will be no cease fire, there will be no treaty, the Knights of Labor will not climb into bed with the dregs of society. No we will continue to exterminate every junker we see, burn down your operations and dance merrily on your funeral pyres.

Matthew Gibbs

Knights of Labor

Message Ends...

Do you wish to reply? Y/N?
INCOMING TRANSMISSION
TARGET ID: "Knights of Labor", Ouray Base, Colorado System
COMM ID: Amy Carmichael, Director of Liberty Operations for the Junkers Congress

"Knights of Labor." Thankyou. I'll make a note of that for future reference. I merely took my reference from the name of one of your largest subgroups.

Now, look, I'm trying to be civil here. I'm sure you of all people would appreciate that everyone needs to make a living, and the Cardamine trade, since you brought it up, is one of the easiest ways for us to do so. We've offered the Xenos access to the scrap fields, scrapping being another way to make a living with hard work and elbow grease, which is something that's never happened before.

Like I said. We'd each get a lot more done if we weren't constantly fighting. While you're wasting time attacking Junkers, foreign shippers continue to bring material which could have been produced in Liberty into Liberty space and costing Libertonian jobs, which should be more important to you than shooting up Junkers over Cardamine. While we're busy fighting Xenos, we could be scrapping and making money.

Please, at least be courteous enough to not threaten us when we're offering not to shoot at you.

END TRANSMISSION
...Incoming Transmission
Source: Jim "Ringneck" Blaine

*spits*
Now, you're tryin' to tell us... That we should let you bring this filthy drug ito Liberty's doorstep, in return for some damn scrap we couldn't care less about.
You ain't nothing but a bunch of greedy bastards, no better than those foreigners who take our jobs.
You gotta make a living somehow, huh? You sicken me.

Watch your back, I'll be goin' at it twice as hard now!

...Transmission Terminated
INCOMING TRANSMISSION
TARGET ID: "Knights of Labor", Ouray Base, Colorado System

Before you dismiss our scrap offer, remember that a load of scrap can make a lot of ships.

END TRANSMISSION
>>>Incoming Transmission -- ENCRYPTED -- Incoming Transmission <<<
ID: Chief Arbiter Hannibal Bishop
SOURCE: (scrambled)

Salutations, "Knights";

This conflict has gone on entirely too long, and has consumed entirely too much on our side and yours. Good pilots drift in the fields, lost to the ages. This is a waste of men, resources and time. A party that subscribes to the working masses should recognize that we offer gainful employment and freedom to those who make their pledge. You will find no Junkers struggling to find a home, or a meal.

While you gnaw on your old rhetoric and draw from the desperate and easily led, we grow stronger day by day. We are no combat outfit; there is no point to needless bloodshed. But we are everywhere, our contacts branch out beyond your very reckoning.

I'll wager from your top-end fighters and military-grade ordinance that you yourselves are well-fed and clothed. Is everyone under your care in that little rock so cared for? Perhaps you should address them with our proposal, rather than speak so rashly for them yourself. Or are you content with your little empire, where you stride about as heroes in the devil's lair?

Send your wings after us if you must. We will take what ship parts we may pull from the wreckage when it's done and compile their origins; don't think we won't find the source. Don't think your supply lines will be safe. There's only so much you can do with spray ceramite and tape to plug holes. There's only so many ships you may cannibalize before your defense patrols start to suffer; and there are far worse enemies than us prowling about the fields. Do you want to find yourself crippled when those Bounty Hunter bastards show up on your doorstep?

We are Junkers, we know as much about ship components as any of the mechanics you hold hostage in your dark little hole. Every vessel that flares and dies in our perimeters is analyzed. We learn more with every foolhardy and pointless suicide attack. But expending effort to minimize the damage you do would itself would be a waste of man-hours and resources. I've no wish to order it, there's already so much to be done.

Again, we humbly invite you to cast aside the guns while we do the same. Let your poor and desperate seek a dignified existence under a honest day's toil. Liberty will need metals, hull panels, ship components... in her dark hour, she will need to draw on a unified populace. The Junkers of Rochester and Beaumont, and their other Liberty strongholds can and will provide what they can to fuel Liberty's effort. You can aid them in this goal and keep the foreigners out of Liberty space. I implore you, cast aside the willful blindness. Let logic and progress guide your judgement.

- Hannibal Bishop

>>>End of Transmission -- ENCRYPTED -- End of Transmission <<<
****INCOMMING TRANSMISSION****

ENCRYPTION: Low
DESTINATION: Rochester
COMM ID: Jack 'Sidewinder' Tar.

Junkers... Well dun them be gettin' ahead o' themselves.

Lets be startin' from the beginnin' you bunch o' drug dealin' filth, I dun' be likin' you bein' aroun' an' that dun' be about to change. I'd die before I saw any one o' you not payin' fer yer crimes, an' since the law dun' seem to be doin' it's job on that, looks like it's down to us.

You dun' care nothin' fer the people o' Liberty. You wants yer hedonistic quck buck. You calls yersel's workin' men. I barely regard ya as human. Leechin' yer money from the vu;nerable an' weak. Selling drugs to the under-privilleged so them finds dome relief in dosin' themsel's up to the eyeballs. You're just sick.

I'm gunna be orderin' that my boys in the XA disrupt yer business more than you's able to cope with. I'm gunna drive ya from Liberty, I'm gunna be yer death. Disregard fer the life an# lives o' the people of my great nation is only gunna be met with adisregard fer your life.

You says yer not a combat outfit... Well lets be puttin' up the truth o' the matter here. We are a combat outfit. We been fightin' with those lawdawgs what stops us from acheivin' our goals day in an' day out. We's got the experience an' the skills to put you under the ground.

I dun' just dismiss yer offer o' scrap, but I also dismiss yer right to life, yer dignity, yer humanity, an' any further offer you give, or claim you has.

When I find ya Bishop, I'm gunna spit in yer corpse's eye.

Sidewinder out.

****TRANSMISSION TERMINATED****

More vapor rising from the infinite void. Again, Tar, don't cast off what you fail to even comprehend. You are puppets of the hand that feeds you; if we locate that hand and bind it, our terms will be less forgiving.

You flaunt the superiority of your organized and trained wings, those that can best our part-time guard pilots who operate as salvage workers and cargo pilots. Perhaps we're seeking out your organization's soft underbelly as well, 'Sidewinder'.

Those ships and guns come from somewhere, you've exposed too much for anyone to believe that you are truly an army of the people anymore. When we find out who's taken you to be the mouse in their pocket, we will set an example for anyone else who would seek to support such a farce of a revolutionary movement.

But again, our objective is peace. We will have it one way or another; your decision will determine whether you join the march of progress or find yourself trampled as it sweeps past.

- Bishop

***INCOMING TRANSMISSION***

TO : Junker Base "Rochester"

I am in full agreement with Sidewinder on this issue. There is no way you're gonna get us to allow you to corrupt liberty with that filthy drug cardamine. We are sons of liberty, remember that. And we did not take well to your appeal to us to allow you to fill liberty with filth.

Watch your backs...

All of you..

Oh and just let me add this... insulting our leader is the last thing you wanna do... or rather, last thing you re ever gonna do junker..

Sawscale out

***TRANSMISSION ENDS***

Need I dredge up the sordid past of your organization, and the origins of our little turf war? You and yours didn't always play the high-and-mighty role when it came to that drug. We offer you a way out of the misery on the horizon, and you spit 'cardamine' at us, as though you've never wanted to get in on that trade yourself.

When you failed to grasp a foothold, you changed your tune and expect everyone to forget. We have long memories, 'Xenos'.

Offer still stands.

- Bishop

Pages: 1 2