Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Game overhaul needed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I understand & feel your experience, as I had similar with some of the FLG, the already mentioned SDF guy and more. However, the game does not need a reboot - community and mod does need a reboot, both physical (new, clean and well-optimised client) and mentally (more structurised rules with samples to follow). Loopholes, abused so much, must be closed; so as ability of toxic behavior and ruining roleplay and gameplay experience
The problems described in the OP have existed for more than 13 years.

Some of them have very easy solutions: do some actual work on the rules to make them clearer and easier to read, make more rules, laws, lore accessible ingame, write down unwritten rules, write rule clarifications in spoilers instead of a cryptic and obsolete thread, change system connections and layout so looking at the player list is less useful or necessary, more transparency in the dev process and sanctions, give some actually useful advice on how to remain sane in disco instead of "guys you gotta be excellent to each other and place other people's fun above your own", which only encourages hypocrisy and bigotry.

But there is something that keeps staff from doing that stuff, no matter how many good arguments there are and no matter how they don't have even a single argument against it. It's something about how they are chosen and expected to behave by those who choose them.

It's a subconscious "if I cant solve a problem I will make sure nobody ever does, and I'll be damned if I take advice from those horrible people who dare to criticize me".
(07-18-2022, 06:35 AM)DariusCiprian Wrote: [ -> ]"yeah bro just let remove the one thing allowing for interactions to occur it'll be very epic and certainty will make a difference" (hint: system names in playerlist)

You will never be able to intercept anybody in Gallia, Kusari and Bretonia that way. I can tell you from experience that especially in the first two you need the playerlist to even know if it's worth logging or if you'll just fly around aimlessly for hours on end without meeting anyone.

PS: Binski go away with your siege system, it's like the 300th time it gets mentioned and (soon enough) denied.

Well I intercepted people here for years. When people can see potential pirates are right next door, they won't launch. Take that ability away, and people will have no choice but to get flying, in both roles, not just wait in the best spot. That means more chances to catch them, not play the game of keeping each other pinned down. How does that not make sense?

And yet again, you prove why this place failed and shrank up. You really prefer no options? No real point? You wouldn't see any way to use that system for some fair fun? There's 25-30 people online at any average time, and you enjoy that? What's your solution to bringing that number up?

A word to the wise to those in charge here, finally ignore the lazy and fearful players that still to this day try to suppress meaningful change, even as players exit. There is a group of players that occupy this place for themselves, openly enjoying it for themselves while keeping any real game from being played.

People who suppress real change kill this place even in leaving threads prove the place is broken by default. Yes this game needs an overhaul, else its the biggest waste of potential. Either way, (prophecy time) one day this place will be liberated, and it will be obvious there has been an evil (selfish) presence here since its inception, sabotaging it, for other parties. Same thing going on all over the world. It's fine, the real world's overhaul is coming and that means disco will be saved too. Just my opinion.

(07-18-2022, 09:04 AM)Emperor Tekagi Wrote: [ -> ]PS: Binski, no. - And whoever demands 10 mill for 4.2k PoB materials is a douchebag. Legit. And whoever told you 10 mill for 4.2k PoB materials is reasonable probably pirates Ore haulers for 25+ mill and wonders why he gets interaction avoided afterwards.

No, see this is a roleplaying server. Not an arcade game, if you are building a base, the value comes from your necessity. If its your own base, save in advance to make sure you have money to pay pirates, it would be part of your build costs. Otherwise, smart POB owners will buy such commodies for a decent price, if they want to succeed that bad. You expect people to only pay 1 mil on a shipment that might make a base a higher core level? That's where real value arises, high demand. We 'simulate' it elsewhere by giving ores high sell value at npc bases. That shipment is still worth 5 mil, maybe 10, it is still reasonable based on its real value to the player.
Binski, i awe your will of iron but here an advice that will make people wont agress on you anymore

Keep the subject as short as possible
Most people do not read a 100 page essay about HBO nomad mating dance
Take care friend! (sun)
It was awesome to RP with you, even if it was just for a short time.
(07-18-2022, 08:10 AM)Venemon Wrote: [ -> ]I play for fun and yourself only
+1
Good Luck and hope to see you back
Take care dude, and I hope to see ya back before this game dies and turns into a fossil soon Smile
Mr. Redacted, I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Binski, seriously? Have you no shame? Using a leaving thread that ISN'T EVEN YOURS to promote your wet dream fantasy of what discovery should be? Why can't you just leave us in peace? Nobody asked you to come here and spam, so stop. The fact of the matter is that the few people that still play the game play it because it is what they know and love. You want to change it in its entirety to benefit people who have absolutely nothing better to do with their lives. If you were to succeed - which you won't, what little player base there is left will leave, and it will be you and your 3 friends jacking each other off as you ride into the sunset of Discovery Freelancer.

So, once again, go away.
Toxic players who act in the name of RP but do things that are not realistic? Arbitrary and questionable behavior by some server staff? Trying to do your own thing with your own group but always getting interrupted by the "must-wins"? Loopy storylines that make no sense?

Preaching to the choir, my fellow Freelancer. I don't think we've ever flown together, which is a shame since you seem like a cool guy. Unfortunately the trends you highlight are only getting worse as time goes on. Despite the impressive mod that some very talent people put a lot of time into that is filled with hours of fun, the community has made it too unbearable.

If League of Legends doesn't scratch the Freelancer itch, let me know and I can introduce you to some projects in the works.
(07-19-2022, 03:15 PM)Racerdude Wrote: [ -> ]Toxic players who act in the name of RP but do things that are not realistic? Arbitrary and questionable behavior by some server staff? Trying to do your own thing with your own group but always getting interrupted by the "must-wins"? Loopy storylines that make no sense?

This.

It's really unfortunate but I suppose it's inevitable with a depressed community that runs out of spark, and is incredibly tiny.
Pages: 1 2 3