Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Light Bomber Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This idea of a 'light bomber' gets alot of grief....I know

the idea of a ship with a supernova and high agility is not very good.

Well.... here is my idea

VHF type shields, armor and manuverability...
Class nine shields
4 Class nine guns
*Now the important part: No Supernova/Nova ability.... instead 2 or possibly 3 Standard torpedo mounts

and the power should be that of a HF....so no Nova or SNAC weapons are possible

Basically a smaller agile ship, class nine guns.... powerplant of a HF.... but with the standard torpedo, still a decent weapon... mounting 2 or 3 would allow a nice ability to attack small transports and hopefully cause a dent in a gunboat

does this sound reasonable....or am I gonna get shot at for this?

*hides*
I'd rather see a bomber with 8 mine droppers :D
HERETIC

The light bomber is a bit useless, its half between a VHF and a bomber, the idea is you cant have everything, agility and firepower, one or the other.
Man I thought the idea was going to be 'delete them all'
watch my replace hammer as it swings high in the eternity of space;
here, create!

We alrready have the light bomber concept presented for the Rogues and Mollies, called a Warewolf. 2 class 10 guns, 3 class 9 guns, a torp slot and a CD slot. mount a MR on it.

a light bomber, imho, would be more like a bomber with the same loadout of 4 guns and 2 slots, but a smaller pp so you can fire two MRs at the same time, but not a SN.
What you're proposing is a torpedo boat. Not particularly tough, can't fight other ships its size, but it's fast and has a large payload. Flown right, they can be killer against large capital ships.

Of course, this would mean that you need either other bombers to take down shields, or a special shieldbusting torpedo.
Special shieldbusting torpedo ... you mean Inferno?
' Wrote:a light bomber, imho, would be more like a bomber with the same loadout of 4 guns and 2 slots, but a smaller pp so you can fire two MRs at the same time, but not a SN.

I like that idea.

Give it 2 torp slots and powerplant to spam inferno/razor effectively, maybe able to fire Nova torp, but it would eat its whole powerplant. No SN at all.

Honestly, what would happen with the light bomber models if they were replaced by heavy bomber models? This gives them a chance to be used.
A Fighter that can fire two Razor's same time, i would love this, but for fair reasons this should never happen because no one would survive this.
However, it would be great to see more like two or three balanced HF's with a Torpedo + CD(only) slot, for example i love Gladiator because it can use a Razor + CD(only) same time but is not as agile as other HF's.
This open new ways to be successful against any missile user and still be able to reach full potential of a Fighter.
Pages: 1 2 3