Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 11/01/2011 Nomad FP11 Assault
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
a fraps video from 2011, I found on an old external HDD i was recently reunited with.

enjoy.

crispy 2011 quality and skype sound within the first 1:30 minutes.
NICE
When Omicron Iota was still mysterious and dark :|
I might have to upload this again, youtube doesnt seem to understand 4:3 ratio video, the original video doesnt look nearly as bad as this.

I'll have to put the 4:3 video inside a 16:9 frame maybe, so the compression doesnt mutilate it even further.
190 online! Never a time machine when ya need one!

Yes youtube 4:3's everything that isn't closer to 16:9 as a default it seems, and it basically has already done that. Chrome has a youtube aspect ratio control extention which is ok but doesn't always solve the problem. A simple 'fit to screen' option would be nice. Otherwise you'd probably need to change the aspect ratio via an editor. I have learned the hard way that a widescreen monitor seems to still not record in that resolution, and will record in 4:3 despite my monitor being more like 5:3. On the wide screen monitor via HDMI a video fits to screen like gameplay, but on others it comes up as 4:3 with sidebars. Turned out that it looked 5:3 while recording but records at 4:3 unless manually changed beforehand.
(07-13-2022, 09:58 PM)Hidamari Wrote: [ -> ]I might have to upload this again, youtube doesnt seem to understand 4:3 ratio video, the original video doesnt look nearly as bad as this.

I'll have to put the 4:3 video inside a 16:9 frame maybe, so the compression doesnt mutilate it even further.

You could try uploading it Odysee, unlike other platforms Odysee let's media untouched and the uploader has to handle the media container, codecs, bitrate, etc. A Peertube instance would also work, if you can find one.
Its fine, i just re- rendered the clips inside a 16:9 window and thats solved it