Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Outcast bomber III - well scratch the Outcast, it seems...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
' Wrote:Greatsword! Fits the bill perfectly, I think.. Rapier sounds more like a "fighter" type of name..

Oh! Make this the replace for the current Waren model, then just rename the Waren to Greatsword. What'cha think about that idea? You mentioned Rheinland pirates and mercenaries, and it also mentions rheinland pirates in the Waren's info card, hence my idea for this replacing the Waren..

It's the sharp edges and style of the fighter that makes me think "rapier."
A slight update, additional pylon supports on the top.
[Image: Stryk01.png]
Hms. Shamshir is the word from which "scimitar" is derived, so that could be a possibility. Alternatively falchion, which is a thicker, heavy cutting sword. You could go for gladius, a thrusting sword, if you wanted to bring the Outcasts closer to an Italian nomenclature but there could be issues with the Gladiator ship on the Corsair side. Spatha was the later replacement of the gladius in the Roman legions, but the Spanish version of the name is "espada" and I've seen a Corsair running around with that name. Pugio is the name of the Roman dagger, used as the replacement weapon or.. well, utility knife. Also a stabbing weapon. The name derives from the word "fist" in latin. Flamberge, meaning "flame blade" is a much longer weapon with a wavy edge to its blade.

... I'll stop there.

About the model: The bottom wing still looks very bulky in comparison to the top but the adjustment works quiet well.
The Waran has no reason to be replaced.

Me Wrote:Remember, the only common ground they posses is the "Border Worlds" title. The Waran is old, hacked together with a slew of defects and quirks. It was built by the Hessians, remember, before they had the resources and technology to build the Aesir line. They then sold the old Waran to the open market, giving it the "Border Worlds" title.

The Sabre line, while not expressly stated who built it, was probably a joint effort between the Zoners and Outcasts. As such, there's no reason it should look anything like the Waran, and vice-versa.

The Waran has its place, just as the Sabre line, and this, does.
Me Wrote:And really, the Waran fits perfectly with what it is, and has RP history behind it. The only thing against it is the fact that many think it's ugly, which has no bearing, since it is a well made model.
i see mounts for many weapons...might wanna lose a few that are meant for guns/turrets....if they are for thruster, mines, CM and such, ignore my observation...

it looks like two seater, but lower seat has very small angle of the window...maybe that can be increased a bit...
upper "pylon" or how it may be called, is a bit on the thin side...maybe fat it up a bit?

Other than that...very nice indeed...
I like them both. Spoiled for choice!:P

Name suggestion;

Quote: Wikipedia: Longsword
The longsword is commonly held in combat with both hands, though some may be used single-handed. Longswords are used for striking, cutting, and thrusting. The specific offensive purpose of an individual longsword is derived from its physical shape. All parts of the sword are used for offensive purposes, including the pommel and crossguard.

Contemporary terminology includes the Dutch grootzwaard, German Langschwert, Italian spadone or spada longa (lunga) and Portuguese [color=yellow]montante.
Erm... it looks... weird?

The top wing is too thin ( looks like it'll fall apart at any moment, and it's not straight... it's curvy for some reason), the bottom wing is too fat and it looks a little odd, I swear it dips lower a bit near the support beam between it and the cockpit.

Also... the various add ons... they look, very, very odd. Air scoops on a space ship? It's not a pimped out Punto, was my first thoughts upon seeing that, and generally all the bits that make it look really lumpy, like, well, a "pimped" Sabre. The sort of thing you'd see people in their late teens do to their incredibly bad cars. Strapping on a spoiler, some 52 inch rims, add a stereo the size of the cockpit, etc.

I'd strip it down, a lot, it doesn't look Outcast, it looks more Borderworlds. ( So it should be a Borderworlds ship, it's nor a problem as such)

Beef it up, a lot. Strip out some of the stick on parts, i.e. the air vents, and whatnots, and... just... leave the wings be, the bottom wings...

Also... the texture, is it just me or does it look... wrong, just in some way. I duno how, it may be because it's not got lighting but I doubt it. Why has it got a cross on the top wing facing forwards?

Personally, I'd say, if you want to make -another- Outcast bomber, just re-make the current Falcatta so it doesn't look so odd, but don't add anything, it looks ok except for the extreme blobbyness.

Also, I count... 10 mounts? There'd probably be 2 on the bottom as well. So, erm. Bit too many?

( If there's any confusion on what I mean I could just annotate the most recent picture)

EDIT: Oh, for an Outcast bomber, I prefer Eppy's, because, well, it's like the Gunship, which is an Outcast ship. This hasn't got as many obvious qualities linking it to that, someone ( Dab, to be precise) suggested that the bottom wing reminded him of the OCGS, but... it looks odd, and I think it should be changed.
Considering Outcast design - is borderworld, I have no idea what are you talking about, nor do I see a cross...

The rest seems just a matter of personal taste.
Also on weapon plate, I could remove or add as many as I want, this is the least of my concerns. Even the Sabre has 2 unused weapon points.

To me this looks very much like a Borderworld craft - and hence immediately Outcast possible, want it or not.
The top wings look a little frail in places and could it have a translucent cockpit? Still, great work Yue Fei :)
First thing I thought when I saw it was "WHOA? NEW SABRE?", then I looked at the topic title.

Bluntly put, I think the whole ship looks too fragile to pose as a Bomber. Thin struts and wings, winglets, whatever, but nothing really massive on it. Looks like a heavily modified Sabre, not something that brings massive damage to capital ships. Those rocket pods or engine intakes or whatnot also just look like some filler thingy of sorts.

That bottom wing, well both the top and bottom one, they don't really match. The top one's looking very very fragile, while the other looks like a fat brick.

Aaand the overall look screams more Borderworld than Outcast to me.

Maybe if you made it beefier and a bit fat you could have it fill the role of a new Borderworld Bomber, or rethink the whole idea and go for a VHF.

That's just my opinion though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7